9 Vegan Comfort Food Recipes To Bolster Your Veggie Resolutions - The - Keep it cozy and vegan with these twists on favorite comfort foods.
Vegan Comfort Food Recipes - BBC Good Food - Vegans needn't miss out on pizza Margherita. Our recipe combines the classic flavours of this Italian comfort food using plant-based substitutes. 30 mins. Easy. Tuck into a creamy mac ‘n’ cheese, shepherd's pie, curry or another of our plant-based dinner recipes. They're meat-free, dairy-free and full of flavour.
Mashed Potato Tacos: Ultimate Vegan Comfort Food - Shane & Simple - These Mashed Potato Tacos are the ultimate vegan comfort food! And, the the perfect way not to let those leftovers go to waste. A collection of reader-favorite recipes from Shane & Simple.
3 Easy Vegan Comfort Food Recipes // Buffalo Chick'n Pizza - For more info about Daiya's new Cutting Board Collection shreds, click here: https://daiyafoods.com/our-foods/shreds/ Thanks to Daiya for . For more info about Daiya's new Cutting Board Collection shreds, click here: https://daiyafoods.com/our-foods/shreds/ Thanks to Daiya for sponsoring this vid
VEGAN COMFORT FOOD (easy Recipes) - YouTube - It's November, which in the Northern hemisphere means colder weather, midterms and COMFORT FOOD. Today we are making some cozy . It's November, which in the Northern hemisphere means colder weather, midterms and COMFORT FOOD. Today we are making some cozy comfort food favourites (vegan
Top 10 Best Vegan Comfort Food In New York, NY - Last Updated - Reviews on Vegan Comfort Food in New York, NY - Urban Vegan Kitchen, MTHR Vegan, Modern Love Brooklyn, Divya's Kitchen, Fork Off, Marty's V Burger, The
Top 10 Best Vegan Comfort Food In San Francisco, CA - Last - Reviews on Vegan Comfort Food in San Francisco, CA - Vegan Picnic, Souley Vegan, MAC'D, VeganBurg, Ananda Fuara, Wildseed, Loving Hut, Next Level
How To Make VEGAN COMFORT FOOD 9 Ways! - YouTube - your favourite comfort food? Let us know down in the comments!Happy cooking! Our brand new book, “BOSH! Healthy Vegan” comes out . Happy World Vegan Day everyone! We sincerely hope you’ve managed to tuck into some delicious plant based nosh today. It’s Friday! If you’re treating yourself. Happy World Vegan Day everyone! We sincerely hope you’ve managed to tuck into some delicious plant based nosh today. It’s Friday! If you’re treating yourself
3 Vegan Comfort Food Recipes (Easy, Delicious & Quarantine - Today's new recipe video features THREE more quarantine-friendly recipes you can easily make at home. This time, it's all about comfort food!
This is a very easy and delicious dish that I like to make as a side dish for my summer barbecues.. This recipe is FANTASTIC!!! I have made it three/four times since I found it with different variations, though I am rating for the recipe itself. Definitely 5 stars!!! After reading through the reviews, please take into account the cooking time of each vegetable and adjust the size you cut them accordingly. Suggestions to change it up would be: 1.) Instead of plain olive oil, try the garlic olive oil - gives it a great taste. 2.) Instead of olive oil, use Wishbone Italian dressing. 3.) Add onions, whole garlic cloves and quartered mushrooms (must be quartered as whole mushrooms give off to much moisture). 4.) Add Parmesan or Asiago cheese to the bread crumbs. 5.) Change up the bread crumbs to the Italian variety - goes great with the Italian dressing. 6.) Try panko crumbs or the Italian panko crumbs - which are fabulous in place of the bread crumbs. Thanks Jana for submitting such a great and easy recipe!!!. This recipe is so simple and soooo good! Hard to believe you can get such a lovely flavor from so few ingredients. I've made this several times now and really enjoy it - the kids, too! I cut the veggies a bit smaller and spread them out to roast in a jelly roll pan, stirring occasionally - you can reduce the cooking time to 30-40 minutes with smaller pieces. I've served this dish with fish, meat, chicken, whatever - it can't miss!
The delicous of Zucchini And Potato Bake is a blend of ingredients : salt to taste, 2 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into large pieces, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped, 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks, ground black pepper to taste, 1 clove garlic, sliced, paprika to taste
1 portion of Zucchini And Potato Bake contain nutrients 5.1 g, 108 mg, 243 calories , 9.8 g, 35 g, 0 mg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a medium baking pan, toss together the zucchini, potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, and olive oil. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and lightly brown.
This recipe will hopefully give you the proper techniques to turn out perfect mashed potatoes every time; always light, fluffy and lump-free.. Thank you to Chef John for making the video. I couldn't figure out why I kept getting starchy water until he explained the method of cutting the potatoes lengthwise vs. cutting into cubes. I ran out of whole milk, so I used buttermilk. Plus, to make them extra creamy, I added 3 tbs. of sour cream. By making those adjustments to the recipe, I'll just say that they were such a hit at thanksgiving dinner, all we had to take home was the container I brought them to dinner in!. Classic! This is THE method to use for really good mashed potatoes. It is essential to add salt to the cooking water - oh and start with cool water - bring to temp and then reduce the heat so the water just simmers, not boils. This way the taters cook evenly. Thanks for posting this Chef John.
The delicous of Chef John's Perfect Mashed Potatoes is a blend of ingredients : 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut in half lengthwise, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup whole milk, salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 portion of Chef John's Perfect Mashed Potatoes contain nutrients 333 calories , 34 mg, 12.7 g, 49.7 g, 30 mg, 6.7 g
1. Place the potatoes into a large pot, and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Drain, and return the potatoes to the pot. Turn heat to high, and allow the potatoes to dry for about 30 seconds. Turn off the heat.
2. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher twice around the pot, then add the butter and milk. Continue to mash until smooth and fluffy. Whisk in the salt and black pepper until evenly distributed, about 15 seconds.
The maltiness of dark beer really does amazing things for this gravy. It's a very simple dish, but at the same time it has a deep, complex, rich flavor. I served this in a nice ring of green onion-mashed potatoes. I hope you give this a try, whether for St. Patrick's Day or anytime of the year.. I made this recipe for a family Christmas party using smoked, overly cooked (i.e. DRIED OUT!)leftover brisket. I was hoping the cooking slow and low in the Guinness would tenderize and moisten the brisket. It turned out FANTASTIC and there were NO leftovers, sorry to say! LOL! I made it the next day for my family, again using this overcooked, smoked brisket and it turned out just as great! THIS is DEFINITELY a keeper!! (I didn't use any sugar. That's the only adjustment I made, except for the dried out meat I used!) A GREAT way to use up meat that turned out too dry and tough! Thanks for this recipe, Chef John!!. Absolutely delicious. I served it to my family with Irresistible Irish Soda Bread from this site and my toddler and husband gobbled it all up. Next time I make this, however, I will be sure to serve over potatoes or Colcannon as this only made enough for one meal for my 4 person family. Also, my 7-year-old turned her little nose up at it because of the intensity of flavor - which I think could have been dodged had I served it over mashed potatoes. We enjoyed it (except the 7 year old) but afterward decided that since it's such a very flavorful stew, almost like a gravy, some sort of mashed potato accompaniment really is a must. Another thought: I did use beef stock instead of chicken (beef is what I had on hand) and I wonder if using the chicken stock could have dialed down the strength of the stew. Going to go that way next time.
The delicous of Beef And Guinness® Stew is a blend of ingredients : 1/4 cup tomato paste, 2 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces, 1 teaspoon white sugar, 2 onions, coarsely chopped, 4 slices bacon, cut into small pieces, freshly ground black pepper to taste, 2 1/2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 2-inch pieces, 4 cloves garlic, minced, 2 1/2 cups chicken stock, or as needed to cover, 4 sprigs fresh thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste, 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste, 4 cups mashed potatoes (optional), 1 (14.9 ounce) can dark beer (such as Guinness®)
1 portion of Beef And Guinness® Stew contain nutrients 29.4 g, 528 calories , 96 mg, 24.6 g, 42.1 g, 1605 mg
1. Cook and stir bacon in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until bacon is browned and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off heat and transfer bacon into a large stew pot, reserving bacon fat in the skillet.
2. Season beef chuck cubes generously with 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste. Turn heat to high under skillet and sear beef pieces in the hot fat on both sides until browned, about 5 minutes. Place beef in stew pot with bacon, leaving fat in skillet. Turn heat down to medium; cook and stir onions in the retained fat in the skillet until lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes; season with a large pinch of salt.
3. Cook garlic with onions until soft, about 1 minute; pour beer into skillet and stir with a wooden spoon, scraping up and dissolving any browned bits of food into the liquid. Pour cooking liquid from skillet into the stew pot. Stir in tomato paste, thyme sprigs, carrots, celery, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, and enough chicken broth to cover.
4. Bring stew to a gentle simmer, stirring to combine; reduce heat to low and cover pot. Simmer stew until beef is fork-tender, about 2 hours. Stir stew occasionally and skim fat or foam if desired.
5. Remove cover and raise heat to medium-high. Bring stew to a low boil and cook until stew has slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove and discard thyme sprigs and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
6. Arrange mashed potatoes in a ring in a serving bowl; ladle stew into the center of the potatoes.
A supremely filling, hearty soup. I serve this on cold rainy days with a loaf of homemade bread. Hint: this is perfect for leftover rotisserie chicken or chicken you've pulled from the bone after making homemade chicken stock! This soup makes great leftovers, but you might want to thin it slightly with skim milk or water when reheating.. To be honest, I did a number of things differently with this, so I guess this is a review of a VARIATION of this recipe. After reading through it I knew I wanted a heartier soup with more depth of flavor. I sauteed a few strips of bacon, then added chopped celery, onion, mushrooms and a big clove of garlic. Since I used a larger package of rice I decreased the amount of flour to 1/3 c. to allow for the added thickness the extra rice would provide, and I used 1 c. cream and 1 c. milk. I also added an extra chicken breast and, during the final simmering, a healthy splash of white wine, probably a good 1/2 cup. The result was positively outstanding! . This recipe was a great base to add nearly any vegetable to it for more depth. I cut back on the amount of flour used in the recipe for the fear of the soup having a pasty taste to it. I used 1/4 cup 1 can of cream of chicken soup and 1 1/2 cups of 2%milk omitting the cream entirely. The soup turned out wonderfully yet I needed a way to add veggies to my family's diet.
The delicous of Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup is a blend of ingredients : 2 cups heavy cream, 2 cooked, boneless chicken breast halves, shredded, 4 cups chicken broth, ½ cup butter, ¾ cup all-purpose flour, 2 cups water, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 (4.5 ounce) package quick cooking long grain and wild rice with seasoning packet, ½ teaspoon salt
1 portion of Creamy Chicken And Wild Rice Soup contain nutrients 996.9 mg, 1.1 g, NutritionInformation, , 22.6 g, , 462.5 calories, 135.1 mg, 1 g, 36.5 g, 12 g, , 21.7 g
1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine broth, water and chicken. Bring just to boiling, then stir in rice, reserving seasoning packet. Cover and remove from heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and flour. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in contents of seasoning packet until mixture is bubbly. Reduce heat to low, then stir in flour mixture by tablespoons, to form a roux. Whisk in cream, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and smooth. Cook until thickened, 5 minutes.
3. Stir cream mixture into broth and rice. Cook over medium heat until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes.
I discovered this one day while trying to use up some leftover canned tomatoes and celery. You could probably double, triple, etc. the ingredients and brew up a whole pot of this. Feel free to use fresh tomatoes too, if you like.. Okay, I have varied this recipe several times, and all of them came out super. First, I always omit celery and substitute bell pepper. I use veg or chicken stock instead of water, and use fresh tomatoes. My favorite variation is to add a little half and half at the very last minute(do not let it fully cook), just enough to make a thick, creamy soup. I have made this for friends and family, and is a hit every time. Thanks.. This is a retaurant-quality soup. I have made this in very large quantities three or for times in the past two months.
The delicous of Tomato-Curry Lentil Stew is a blend of ingredients : 1/2 cup dry lentils, 5 ounces stewed tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon curry powder, 3 cloves garlic, minced, 2 stalks celery, chopped, with leaves, 1 cup water, salt to taste, 1/8 cup chopped onion, ground black pepper to taste
1 portion of Tomato-Curry Lentil Stew contain nutrients 36.9 g, 13.7 g, 206 calories , 194 mg, 0.8 gram, 0 mg
1. Combine lentils and water, bring to a boil.
2. Lower heat to simmer, add tomatoes, onion, and celery. Cover and let simmer 45 minutes. Check every 15 minutes to stir, and add water if necessary. Add spices last 15 minutes to taste. Taste and re-spice if necessary before serving.
I am going to give you my gumbo recipe. I learned to cook from my mother and grandmother who were born and raised in New Orleans and really knew how to cook. Most of the time, you could not get them to write down their recipes because they used a 'pinch' of this and 'just enough of that' and 'two fingers of water,' and so on. This recipe is a combination of both of their recipes which I have added to over the years. Serve over hot cooked rice. The gumbo can be frozen or refrigerated and many people like it better the next day. Bon appetit!. Great recipe! I'm from the South and my family always makes gumbo without tomatoes. I was looking for a different recipe and am glad I found this one. It's delicious! A note about making a roux - stop working so hard! You can make it in the oven and it is perfection - thanks Alton Brown. Whisk 4 oz all purpose flour and 4 oz veg oil in a cast iron skillet, place in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours, stirring every half hour. It comes out nice and dark and DOES NOT BURN!!! Once you remove the roux from the oven, follow the recipe directions by adding the celery, bell pepper, etc. and continue with the recipe. You're welcome. ;~) Oh, and those who are shaming the person who submitted the recipe for giving away a family recipe, get over yourselves! The submitter never says it was a secret family recipe, just that it was never written down. We all share recipes our families love, and I am thankful this gumbo recipe was shared!. My family's favorite gumbo. It's fabulous over rice, but if you add two or three cups of water you've got the best thick soup type gumbo you'll ever taste.
The delicous of Good New Orleans Creole Gumbo is a blend of ingredients : 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped, 1 cup coarsely chopped celery, ¾ cup bacon drippings, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 2 tablespoons bacon drippings, ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning blend (such as Tony Chachere's®), or to taste, 1 pound lump crabmeat, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 3 quarts water, 4 eaches bay leaves, ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves, 3 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, 1 pound andouille sausage, sliced, 1 large onion, coarsely chopped, 2 teaspoons gumbo file powder, 6 cubes beef bouillon, 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste, 1 pinch salt to taste, 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce, 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar, 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen cut okra, thawed, 1 tablespoon white sugar, 2 teaspoons gumbo file powder
1 portion of Good New Orleans Creole Gumbo contain nutrients 853.1 mg, , 20.9 g, NutritionInformation, 2.8 g, , 5.9 g, 12.1 g, 16.6 g, 1.8 g, , 142.6 mg, 283.1 calories
1. Make a roux by whisking the flour and 3/4 cup bacon drippings together in a large, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat to form a smooth mixture. Cook the roux, whisking constantly, until it turns a rich mahogany brown color. This can take 20 to 30 minutes; watch heat carefully and whisk constantly or roux will burn. Remove from heat; continue whisking until mixture stops cooking.
2. Place the celery, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic into the work bowl of a food processor, and pulse until the vegetables are very finely chopped. Stir the vegetables into the roux, and mix in the sausage. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat, and cook until vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
3. Bring the water and beef bouillon cubes to a boil in a large Dutch oven or soup pot. Stir until the bouillon cubes dissolve, and whisk the roux mixture into the boiling water. Reduce heat to a simmer, and mix in the sugar, salt, hot pepper sauce, Cajun seasoning, bay leaves, thyme, stewed tomatoes, and tomato sauce. Simmer the soup over low heat for 1 hour; mix in 2 teaspoons of file gumbo powder at the 45-minute mark.
4. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings in a skillet, and cook the okra with vinegar over medium heat for 15 minutes; remove okra with slotted spoon, and stir into the simmering gumbo. Mix in crabmeat, shrimp, and Worcestershire sauce, and simmer until flavors have blended, 45 more minutes. Just before serving, stir in 2 more teaspoons of file gumbo powder.
Yummy shrimp in an Alfredo sauce, with portobello mushrooms and red peppers.. This was awesome. I made it two weekends in a row. The first for friends so I cut the cayenne to 1/2 tsp. Had to cook in someone elses kitchen so not perfect (looking!) but yummy. One of my friends made a comment again about it last night. Made it again for hubby tonight. He loved it! Wanted a little firmer mushroom so I used Baby Bello's and still kept the cayenne to 1/2 tsp so as not to overpower the rest of the flavors. Definately a favorite for me!. This was really good! I did make a few minor adjustments. The family demanded that I not add the cayenne pepper. I had medium shells instead of penne so I used them. The portobellos I sliced into medium thick strips and I had a jar of roasted red bell peppers that I used instead of fresh. Everyone loved this dish! One thing to note, I have yet to find alfredo sauce that isn't salty so don't add any salt until you've tasted it just before it's ready to plate. Mine didn't need any because the salt in the alfredo sauce was enough. This recipe is a keeper! Thanks to the original poster.
The delicous of Peppered Shrimp Alfredo is a blend of ingredients : Salt and pepper to taste, 1 (15 ounce) jar Alfredo sauce, 1/2 pound portobello mushrooms, diced, 1 red bell pepper, diced, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 1 onion, diced, 1/4 cup butter, 12 ounces penne pasta, 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste, 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
1 portion of Peppered Shrimp Alfredo contain nutrients 707 calories , 28.4 g, 45 g, 50.6 g, 1034 mg, 201 mg
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter together with the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened and translucent, about 2 minutes. Stir in garlic, red pepper, and mushroom; cook over medium-high heat until soft, about 2 minutes more.
3. Stir in the shrimp, and cook until firm and pink, then pour in Alfredo sauce, Romano cheese, and cream; bring to a simmer stirring constantly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Season with cayenne, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir drained pasta into the sauce, and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley.
A delicious stew. It's ripe with the flavors of Greece!. This was unbelievably simple, unbelievably good. Gutsy flavour - my kind of food. The best extra virgin olive oil is absolutely necessary here. Although I could easily make a meal of this with salad and flat bread, I had extra kids in the house and so coupled it with Zucchini Patties and some pilaf. Everyone ate everything! Make sure you have plenty of good bread on the table to mop up the delicious juices. . I thought this tasted really great...I had a problem with the potatoes sticking to the pan though, while cooking...not enough of a problem to prevent me from making this again though!
The delicous of Greek Potato Stew is a blend of ingredients : salt and pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed, 1 1/3 cups chopped tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 3/4 cup whole, pitted kalamata olives
1 portion of Greek Potato Stew contain nutrients 4.5 g, 16.7 g, 36.7 g, 309 calories , 0 mg, 289 mg
1. In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes and stir. Stir in the garlic. Add the olives and cook and stir for several minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and oregano.
2. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Turkey pot pie like you have never tasted before. It won't last long.. This was awesome. I'm newly married and I like to try new recipes. Everyone loved it. My mom went back for 2nds!! I use fresh veggies & add cubed potatoes and leave out the bottom crust to lighten it up. Since we have a small family, we froze one of the pies & it cooked up fine. I put it in the fridge to thaw for one day and cooked as normal. I also brush it with an egg wash. This recipe is tops!!. This is without a doubt the best pot pie recipe I have tried,,, I have made it several times with chicken and I also added sliced mushrooms with the butter and oinions,, and used homemade chicken broth,, it was just a really good meal, and will make it again and again, several of my friends had requested one of my pies and it keeps and reheats well,, thank you for sharing
The delicous of Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie is a blend of ingredients : 2/3 cup chopped onion, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 4 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts, 4 cups cubed cooked turkey meat - light and dark meat mixed, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon celery seed, 2/3 cup butter, 1 3/4 cups chicken broth, 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 1/3 cups milk, 2 cups frozen green beans, 1 cup sliced celery
1 portion of Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie contain nutrients 39.5 g, 20.4 g, 33.2 g, 651 mg, 65 mg, 539 calories
1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Watch Now
2. Place the peas and carrots, green beans, and celery into a saucepan; cover with water, bring to a boil, and simmer over medium-low heat until the celery is tender, about 8 minutes. Drain the vegetables in a colander set in the sink, and set aside. Watch Now
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup of flour, salt, black pepper, celery seed, onion powder, and Italian seasoning; slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens. Remove from heat; stir the cooked vegetables and turkey meat into the filling until well combined. Watch Now
4. Fit 2 pie crusts into the bottom of 2 9-inch pie dishes. Spoon half the filling into each pie crust, then top each pie with another crust. Pinch and roll the top and bottom crusts together at the edge of each pie to seal, and cut several small slits into the top of the pies with a sharp knife to release steam. Watch Now
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the crusts are golden brown and the filling is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. If the crusts are browning too quickly, cover the pies with aluminum foil after about 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Watch Now
This is a great recipe that you can fix to your taste! The longer it simmers the better. Top with crushed tortilla chips and shredded cheese. Enjoy!. WOW! WOW! AND WOW! This was the BEST soup I have ever made. It's the perfect blend of spice and thickness, and it's FABULOUS. My one suggestion is if you are health conscious replace the sour cream with plain fat free yogurt. In my opinion plain fat free yogurt tastes very close to sour cream when mixed in with things and it will save you alot of fat and calories!! Again, this was a great recipe!! :). Lets make this great recipe even easier. Cook the onions and garlic in a big, thick bottomed pan, add the chicken (chopped small or used cooked chicken that comes in the little pouch).Add dry spices and herbs. When chicken is not pink anymore and the rest of the canned ingredients. 1 can of tomato is plenty, the best corn is of the frozen kind. Top with the sourcream, tortilla chips , cheese or whatever else your heart desires! If this is useful-remember to mark it!
The delicous of Catherine's Spicy Chicken Soup is a blend of ingredients : 5 cubes chicken bouillon, 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 onion, chopped, 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained, 3 tablespoons chili powder, 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes, 3 cloves garlic, chopped, 1 (16 ounce) jar chunky salsa, 2 tablespoons dried parsley, ½ teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 2 quarts water, 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream, 1 tablespoon onion powder, 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, undrained
1 portion of Catherine's Spicy Chicken Soup contain nutrients 39.6 g, , 472.6 calories, 5.2 g, , 14.5 g, 50.3 g, , 81.8 mg, NutritionInformation, 2436.4 mg, 15.3 g, 10.1 g
1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine water, chicken, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, onion powder and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 1 hour, or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken, reserve broth. Shred chicken.
2. In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in olive oil until slightly browned. Stir in salsa, diced tomatoes, whole tomatoes, tomato soup, chili powder, corn, chili beans, sour cream, shredded chicken and 5 cups broth. Simmer 30 minutes.
A comforting baked spaghetti casserole with plenty of melted cheese is the perfect dish for potlucks, family gatherings, or a week-night dinner.. I liked the idea of this. But I did change it a bit. Instead of using spaghetti sauce from a jar, I made my own with meat. I also used both Parmesan and Romano cheeses because that's what my husband likes. Instead of cottage cheese I used ricotta cheese. I didn't see the point of using eggs at all so I skipped them. I liked that it was baked. It really brings out the flavor throughout the entire dish.. The first time I had this I fell in love with it. I could not get the recipe from the person who made it. Now, a year later, I found this recipe and LOVE it!!! My family loves it too. It certainly isn't health food but it takes the crown for comfort food.
The delicous of Baked Spaghetti is a blend of ingredients : 2 cups small curd cottage cheese, divided, 1 pound ground beef, 1 onion, chopped, 5 tablespoons butter, melted, 2 eggs, 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti, 1 (32 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce, 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 portion of Baked Spaghetti contain nutrients 728 calories , 61.9 g, 42.5 g, 150 mg, 1250 mg, 33.6 g
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir beef and onion until meat is browned and onions are soft and translucent, about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt.
4. Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese, and butter in a large bowl. Mix in spaghetti to egg mixture and toss to coat. Place half the spaghetti mixture into baking dish. Top with half the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and meat sauce. Repeat layers. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes longer.
A delicious chicken pie made from scratch with carrots, peas and celery.. This recipe was wonderful! It definately puts the frozen pot pies to shame. I only did one thing differently after reading others reviews saying that the bottom crust was soggy. I beat an egg white and brushed it on the bottom crust before putting in the filling. It worked great! I also brushed it on the top crust as well. It was SO delicious!. I've been making this for years now, and I've adjusted the recipe as follows: 1) I double the sauce recipe as others suggest, 2) I add in poultry seasoning, garlic powder, and chili powder to the sauce to taste, 3) I just use a 16oz package of frozen mixed veggies and a diced potato. I boil these in broth with the chicken, 4) After the sauce has thickened, I dump the chicken and veggies (after draining) into the saucepan and stir it all together before putting it in my pie. Doubling the sauce and adding extra veggies gives me a little leftover filling when I do a regular deep dish pie (I'm ok with this though, as I happily eat the filling on its own). However, usually I make 2 dozen mini pies in my muffin tin, cooking for 20 minutes. I love these mini pies because I'm constantly on the run and can eat them with one hand without a fork and knife!
The delicous of Chicken Pot Pie IX is a blend of ingredients : ¼ teaspoon black pepper, 1 cup sliced carrots, ⅓ cup all-purpose flour, 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts, ¼ teaspoon celery seed, ⅔ cup milk, ½ cup sliced celery, 1 ¾ cups chicken broth, ⅓ cup chopped onion, 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed, 1 cup frozen green peas, ⅓ cup butter, ½ teaspoon salt
1 portion of Chicken Pot Pie IX contain nutrients 9.1 g, 3.2 g, 30.4 g, 23.9 g, 54.9 mg, NutritionInformation, 3.3 g, 18.4 g, 412 calories, 517 mg, , ,
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
2. In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
3. In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place the chicken mixture in bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges, and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This classic Italian-American comfort food works with any kind of sausage, but I like the fennel and anise flavors of sweet Italian sausage with the beans--it's a hearty soup that's fast and easy to put together.. Could eat this once a week. Yummy. I wish I could give this 10 stars! Absolutely LOVE it! My changes were spinach in lieu of swiss chard, ditalini in lieu of elbow and added more broth (used 32 oz.).
The delicous of Pasta Fazool (Pasta E Fagioli) is a blend of ingredients : 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste, 1 stalk celery, diced, 3 cups chicken broth, or more as needed, divided, Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 cup tomato paste, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 yellow onion, chopped, 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus additional for serving, or to taste, 3/4 cup dry elbow macaroni, 3 cups chopped Swiss chard, 12 ounces sweet bulk Italian sausage
1 portion of Pasta Fazool (Pasta E Fagioli) contain nutrients 888 calories , 43.8 g, 84 mg, 77.3 g, 43.8 g, 4200 mg
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown sausage while breaking it into small pieces, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add diced celery and chopped onion. Cook until onions are translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add dry pasta. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato paste until evenly distributed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 3 cups broth. Raise heat to high and bring to a simmer. Add salt, black pepper, pepper flakes, and oregano. When soup comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let it simmer about 5 minutes, stirring often. Check soup consistency and add more broth, if needed.
3. Place chopped chard in a bowl. Cover with cold water and rinse the leaves; any grit will fall to the bottom of the bowl. Transfer chard to colander to drain briefly; add to soup. Cook and stir until leaves wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Stir in white beans; continue cooking and stirring until pasta is perfectly cooked, another 4 or 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in grated cheese. Serve topped with grated cheese, if desired.
These fried potatoes are the perfect companion for bacon and eggs. You may use oil instead of shortening if you wish.. These were really good. I made a big breakfast this morning and added these potatoes to our menu. Instead of using regular potatoes, I used some frozen hashbrowns I have had in my freezer for ages. I sauteed them in some butter and olive oil rather than shortening. I wish I would have sauteed some onions and bell peppers to go along with these, but didn't think of that until the potatoes were almost done. Of course I added a little dash of onion powder along with the garlic and gave it a hefty dose of freshly ground black pepper. Thanks for sharing. Hey "D"...these are right up your alley!!. It's entirely possible to use just veggie oil to cook these. After years working for burger joint that hand-cut all their potatoes, a secret I learned is to thoroughly wash, drain and pat dry the potatoes before frying. This washes out the starch and gluten that make potatoes mushy. Do this and you can cook them in any fat you like!
The delicous of Country Style Fried Potatoes is a blend of ingredients : 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, 1/3 cup shortening
1 portion of Country Style Fried Potatoes contain nutrients 400 mg, 326 calories , 0 mg, 52.1 g, 4.8 g, 11.7 g
1. In a large cast iron skillet, heat shortening over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown. Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Serve hot.
We're going to use this spicy and delicious New Orleans classic to demonstrate that it is possible to get good results from using waterlogged frozen shrimp, which unfortunately is sometimes the only option. To make them work we've got to use a few tricks. I prefer this with little chunks of browned chicken or pork, actually.. Not bad but not nearly enough of the holy trinity. Also it misses having a browned roux, but is easier without that step. For that amount of shrimp you want at least a cup of onion and 1/2 cup of celery and bell pepper. Also I think adding a bay leaf is essential for flavor, but otherwise I followed this recipe and it came out pretty good.. Delicious! Easy to make, spicy! :) served it over chef john's classic pilaf rice :) thanks!
The delicous of Chef John's Shrimp Etouffee is a blend of ingredients : 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 3 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup diced onion, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper, Spice Blend:, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 3/4 teaspoon paprika, salt to taste, 2 cups cooked rice, or to taste, 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery, 1/4 cup sliced green onions, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined, 1 3/4 cups chicken stock, or as needed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 dash hot sauce, or more to taste, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 portion of Chef John's Shrimp Etouffee contain nutrients 424 calories , 1114 mg, 14.7 g, 40.8 g, 369 mg, 30.2 g
1. Whisk paprika, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
2. Drain shrimp in a colander for at least 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl lined with paper towels and dry shrimp for about 3 minutes. Remove paper towels from bowl and season shrimp with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon spice blend. Toss to coat shrimp with spice blend.
3. Heat vegetable oil a large heavy skillet over high heat until oil is smoking hot. Cook shrimp in the hot oil without stirring for 1 minute; stir, and cook 1 minute more.
4. Transfer shrimp to a large bowl. Let stand until juice forms in bowl. Strain shrimp juices into chicken stock to total 2 cups, adding more chicken stock if necessary.
5. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat until butter begins to turn tan at the edges. Saute onion, celery, and green pepper in hot butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in remaining spice blend.
6. Sprinkle flour into vegetable mixture and saute until combined, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook until tomato juices begin to brown on bottom of pan, about 3 minutes. Whisk stock into vegetable mixture, stirring until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened and reduced to a gravy consistency, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Season with salt to taste.
7. Stir shrimp into etouffee sauce; let simmer until shrimp are cooked all the way through and no longer translucent, about 1 minute.
8. Garnish with green onions and a dusting of cayenne pepper. Pour over rice in large, shallow bowls.
This is a traditional-style shepherd's pie like my Mum used to make, but completely vegan. All amounts are approximate and can be altered to your tastes!. Thank you for sharing this recipe - it's fantastic! I doubled the recipe and my sons and husband devoured everything. I couldn't find vegan mayo or cream cheese so used regular (I didn't add oil to my potatoes). This was the first time I used soy cheese and enjoyed that too. Loved this recipe and will definitely make again.. This was very good, but I will make a few changes next time...i was not crazy about the Italian seasoning....and i think I will put cheese on top of the veggie mixture as well as on topp of the mashed potatoes.....but still very yummy, tastes great with ketchup.
The delicous of Traditional Style Vegan Shepherd's Pie is a blend of ingredients : 1 clove garlic, minced, or more to taste, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, 1 tomato, chopped, 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar-style soy cheese, 5 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 3 stalks celery, chopped, 1/2 cup soy milk, Bottom layer:, 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/2 cup frozen peas, 1 (14 ounce) package vegetarian ground beef substitute, Mashed potato layer:, 3 tablespoons vegan cream cheese substitute (such as Tofutti ®), 1 large yellow onion, chopped, 2 carrots, chopped, 1/4 cup olive oil
1 portion of Traditional Style Vegan Shepherd's Pie contain nutrients 552 calories , 24.4 g, 1317 mg, 64.5 g, 20.2 g, 0 mg
1. Place the potatoes in a pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn the heat to medium-low, and boil the potatoes until tender, about 25 minutes; drain.
2. Stir the vegan mayonnaise, soy milk, olive oil, vegan cream cheese, and salt into the potatoes, and mash with a potato masher until smooth and fluffy. Set the potatoes aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C), and spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion, carrots, celery, frozen peas, and tomato until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in the Italian seasoning, garlic, and pepper.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and crumble the vegetarian ground beef substitute into the skillet with the vegetables. Cook and stir, breaking up the meat substitute, until the mixture is hot, about 5 minutes.
6. Spread the vegetarian meat substitute mixture into the bottom of the baking dish, and top with the mashed potatoes, smoothing them into an even layer. Sprinkle the potatoes with the shredded soy cheese.
7. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and slightly browned and the casserole is hot, about 20 minutes.
This lasagna is VERY good and is also a vegan recipe.. I found this recipe to be lovely according to the changes I made. I was happy to find a lasagna recipe that was dairy-fee and egg-free but still had to alter it a little more to fit my food allergies by using rice lasagna noodles. The other alterations I made were to cut down prep time, as I prefer quick recipes. So...I used the oven-ready noodles and suggest this for those who found this recipe too time-consuming. I also used a jar of organic robust marinara sauce to avoid the time it takes to make my own sauce. So the only prep I had to do was season the tofu and layer the dish. I added cumin to the tofu mixture and used "Italian Seasoning" in lieu of the basil/parsley. This is exactly what it needed to add flavor. Cumin rounded it all out. I used pre-washed baby spinach leaves and they cooked well in the oven. My cheese-loving-meat-eating-tofu-fearing husband said, "this is good! wait... how did you make this without cheese?" When I told him it was tofu, he turned his nose up and said it wasn't half bad for tofu. So as long as he didn't know what was in it, he loved it. I will make this the same way again. Took me only 10 min to prepare and 45min - 1hr to cook, which couldn't be easier.. I make a lasagna almost identical to this, and it is delicious. use firm tofu, but use silken instead of water packed, then it won't be dry. i also found that my first time making this it took me a lot longer than times afterward. I guess i just had to get the hang of making lasagna :)
The delicous of Vegan Lasagna I is a blend of ingredients : 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup chopped parsley, 3 tablespoons minced garlic, 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, 1 1/2 cups chopped onion, 4 (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped parsley, ground black pepper to taste, 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 2 tablespoons minced garlic, 1/3 cup tomato paste, 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles, 2 pounds firm tofu
1 portion of Vegan Lasagna I contain nutrients 32.5 g, 1074 mg, 511 calories , 69.9 g, 15.8 g, 0 mg
1. Make the sauce: In a large, heavy saucepan, over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Place the onions in the saucepan and saute them until they are soft, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic; cook 5 minutes more.
2. Place the tomatoes, tomato paste, basil and parsley in the saucepan. Stir well, turn the heat to low and let the sauce simmer covered for 1 hour. Add the salt and pepper.
3. While the sauce is cooking bring a large kettle of salted water to a boil. Boil the lasagna noodles for 9 minutes, then drain and rinse well.
4. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
5. Place the tofu blocks in a large bowl. Add the garlic, basil and parsley. Add the salt and pepper, and mash all the ingredients together by squeezing pieces of tofu through your fingers. Mix well.
6. Assemble the lasagna: Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole pan. Arrange a single layer of lasagna noodles, sprinkle one-third of the tofu mixture over the noodles. Distribute the spinach evenly over the tofu. Next ladle 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce over the tofu, and top it with another layer of the noodles. Then sprinkle another 1/3 of the tofu mixture over the noodles, top the tofu with 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce, and place a final layer of noodles over the tomato sauce. Finally, top the noodles with the final 1/3 of the tofu, and spread the remaining tomato sauce over everything.
7. Cover the pan with foil and bake the lasagna for 30 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy.