Good old fashioned restaurant-style hash browns. Perfect with hot pepper sauce and ketchup!. This recipe was fantastic! The hash browns were golden and crispy on the outside and creamy in the middle. My girlfriend said she felt like hash browns with bacon and onions in them so I used this recipe as my starting point. First, I pan-fryed 6 bacon strips until crispy (next time I will use at least 8). Then I broke up the bacon into tiny pieces and added them into the mix with the other ingredients along with 1/2 red onion chopped, sea salt and cracked black pepper. Also, i made little hash brown patties rather than covering the whole pan. They really turned out nice.. Wow. Unbelievable. About as good as one could hope for. Crispy on the outside, firm and tasty on the inside. And what a flavor. This will be my hashbrown recipe from here on out. I do have one cautionary tip, particularly if like me, you haven't cooked hashbrowns before. Make sure that you don't have too much oil in the pan. The hashbrowns will take forever to brown and may be too greasy for your taste.
The delicous of Emily's Famous Hash Browns is a blend of ingredients : 1 cup oil for frying, or as needed, 2 medium russet potatoes, shredded, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, salt and pepper to taste, 1 egg, 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
1 portion of Emily's Famous Hash Browns contain nutrients 24 mg, 4.7 g, 183 calories , 26.1 g, 46 mg, 6.9 g
1. Rinse shredded potatoes until water is clear, then drain and squeeze dry. Place shreds in a bowl, and mix in the onion, flour and egg until evenly distributed.
2. Heat about 1/4 inch of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is sizzling hot, place potatoes into the pan in a 1/2 inch thick layer. Cover the whole bottom of the pan, or make separate piles like pancakes. Cook until nicely browned on the bottom, then flip over and brown on the other side. It should take at least 5 minutes per side. If you are cooking them in one big piece, it can be cut into quarters for easier flipping.
3. Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
A quick and easy meal with lots of flavor. Put together in 10 minutes.. This was excellent! I used pizza sauce (that's all I had on hand), sauteed spinach and onion in some olive oil and layered that over the pesto, then added cottage cheese (again, that's all I had on hand), then sauce, polenta and more sauce. Before assembling the lasagna, I sprayed the polenta with Pam and baked it for about 8 mins, then put it under the broiler for about 5 mins each side. That helped with the consistency, I think. And I sprayed my pan with Pam instead of olive oil. This was delicious and I will definitely make again. . Very smart base recipe! Polenta works wonderfully as a substitute for noodles, and makes the meal lighter and let the other ingredients used stand with their own flavors. I did mine in this order: layer of polenta, layer of pesto, layer of fresh spinach, layer of onions (1/2 of a white) and fresh tomatoes (about 7 romas), layer of ricotta cheese, layer of sauce, next layer of polenta,layer of mozzarella, then topped with pinenuts and fresh parmesean! It was fantastic and I may never eat noodle lasagna again!
The delicous of Pesto Polenta Lasagna is a blend of ingredients : 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup pine nuts, 1/4 cup pesto, 1/2 (24 ounce) jar bottled marinara sauce, 1 (18 ounce) package polenta, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
1 portion of Pesto Polenta Lasagna contain nutrients 9.1 g, 16.7 g, 179 calories , 7.9 g, 12 mg, 515 mg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Oil an 11x7x2 inch baking dish. Watch Now
2. Arrange a single layer of polenta in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread a thin layer of pesto over the polenta. Spoon half of the sauce over the polenta. Top with another layer of polenta and sauce. Watch Now
3. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Turn on the broiler. Top polenta with cheese and pine nuts, and broil until cheese browns and nuts are toasted. Watch Now
These are roasted potatoes at their best - plain and simple. Red potatoes are tossed with olive oil, and salt and pepper, and then roasted to perfection.. We do this ALL the time. It is an excellent, easy and quick side dish for any meat. If you are short on time, zap the potatoes in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and then proceed with the recipe, it will be done in half the time. Sometimes I add thinly sliced onion to the pan with the potatoes too.. I was in search of an easy, yet tasty recipe for roasted red potatoes. I actually modifed this a bit by using sea salt instead of reg. salt, added minced garlic and rosemary. The end result was... the potates were roasted to perfection and had a great flavor. My family truly enjoyed them. I will certainly use this recipe again.
The delicous of Roasted New Red Potatoes is a blend of ingredients : 1 teaspoon Salt and freshly ground black pepper, 3 pounds small red new potatoes, halved, 1/4 cup olive oil
1 portion of Roasted New Red Potatoes contain nutrients 301 mg, 0 mg, 7 g, 179 calories , 27.1 g, 3.2 g
1. Adjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper. Arrange, cut side down, on a large lipped cookie sheet or jellyroll pan.
2. Roast until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes (check after 20 minutes). Transfer to a serving dish.
This is great as a party appetizer or a full meal. Tasty, full of flavor and good for you. The crunchy crust is what I really like! You can play with the veggie toppings and cheeses for a great meal that is fast and delicious! Our favorite quick meal!. Delicious. The recipe doesn't tell you what to do with the tomatoes, so I just added them after the spinach but before the cheese. Go very heavy on the spinach it shrinks up a lot!!. We didn't have roasted tomato pesto, so we substituted regular pesto for it, and added bottled roasted tomatoes and it still came out great. Excellent recipe and very easy to make.
The delicous of Spinach And Feta Pita Bake is a blend of ingredients : 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped, 6 (6 inch) whole wheat pita breads, 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped, 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced, 1 (6 ounce) tub sun-dried tomato pesto, ground black pepper to taste
1 portion of Spinach And Feta Pita Bake contain nutrients 41.6 g, 350 calories , 11.6 g, 587 mg, 17.1 g, 13 mg
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spread tomato pesto onto one side of each pita bread and place them pesto-side up on a baking sheet. Top pitas with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese; drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until pita breads are crisp, about 12 minutes. Cut pitas into quarters.
While they don't get the same love as French fries, home fries, or steak fries, cottage fries more than hold their own against their potato side dish fraternity brothers.. Very nice. A bit time consuming to turn each time, but worth it. I love crispy potatoes, and you can just keep baking these and turning them until you get the desired consistency. A tad spicy for me, but that's easily resolved by lessening or changing spices. I must say I've never heard of the name of these, but they are good. Definitely slice a tad thick or you will end up with almost like potato chips if you aren't careful. Thanks for the recipe!. These are the best little crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside potatoes I've ever eaten. Amazing! My son and I even loved them so much we made them two nights in a row! I can't wait to make these for the rest of my family. I did three 15 minutes sessions and then put them on the rack for another 10 minutes. Wonderful! Thank you Chef John!
The delicous of Chef John's Cottage Fries is a blend of ingredients : 4 baking (russet) potatoes, sliced into 3/8-inch thick rounds, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 pinch herbes de provence, or to taste, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 portion of Chef John's Cottage Fries contain nutrients 0 mg, 3.4 g, 29 g, 332 mg, 6.9 g, 187 calories
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
3. Combine potatoes, salt, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, and herbes de provence in a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil over potatoes and stir to evenly coat.
4. Place potatoes on baking sheet, spaced evenly, and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, flip over each potato slice, and return to the oven for another 15 minutes. Continue cooking and flipping until potatoes are well browned, about 30 minutes. Potatoes should be crispy around edges, but still soft in the center.
A great roasted potato side dish made with olive oil and herbs.. These are my favorite roasted potatoes, I make them all the time. They are tender, delicious and pretty too. One note of warning - I found that 475 was too high, I bake these on 425 for about 35 minutes. . Fantastic recipe! I doubled the recipe with no problems. I did microwave the potatoes (in their jackets) to reduce cooking time. Skip the peeling! The skin adds nutrients and interest!
The delicous of Oven Roasted Potatoes is a blend of ingredients : 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram, 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley, 1/8 cup olive oil, 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
1 portion of Oven Roasted Potatoes contain nutrients 0 mg, 304 mg, 7.1 g, 53.1 g, 289 calories , 5 g
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, basil, marjoram, dill weed, thyme, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir in potatoes until evenly coated. Place potatoes in a single layer on a roasting pan or baking sheet.
3. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
This is a recipe that was given to me by my grandmother. It is a very savory and tasty soup and I believe that all will like it. If you would like to add even more flavor, try using smoked chicken!!. With a little creativity, this became one of the best soups I have ever made. I started off mixing low sodium broth with regular sodium to cut the salt. (I like the flavors to come from other ingredients.) The key is to add an ENTIRE cooked rotisserie chicken to the broth with the veggies. Be sure to pour in the drippings from the pan. Let this simmer for about 15 minutes, then remove chicken and add the meat back in. This gives it the most amazing flavor! I also added peas, carrots, fresh garlic, basil, bay leaves and fresh cracked pepper. Superb!. Well if you attempt to make this soup, do so using your common sense. If you don't like things salty, well then omit some of the salt, because it is obvious that the broth will pretty much contain any salt needed. I used my own broth from scratch & added carrots (whats chicken soup without carrots?) I used small pasta shells (out of egg noodles - sick of shopping), which I didn't add oil to. Salt to taste after the starch, because that is when your going to need it. Thanks & Happy Holidays!!
The delicous of Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup is a blend of ingredients : ⅓ cup cornstarch, 12 cups chicken broth, 1 cup chopped onion, 1 cup chopped celery, 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 2 ½ cups wide egg noodles, 1 ½ tablespoons salt, 3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat, 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, ¼ cup water
1 portion of Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup contain nutrients 0.7 g, , 15.7 g, 3.6 g, 32.9 mg, 1.6 g, 146.5 calories, 11.4 g, 0.9 g, 1663.8 mg, , NutritionInformation,
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles and oil, and boil for 8 minutes, or until tender. Drain, and rinse under cool running water.
2. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salt, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a boil. Stir in celery and onion. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Stir in noodles and chicken, and heat through.
This is a very easy and delicious dish that I like to make as a side dish for my summer barbecues.. This dish is amazing! With a hint of spice and juicy veggies. One hour of bake time was perfect for the potatos. My parents, brother and boyfriend loved it. I reccommend this dish for a family get-together. I would just decrease the amount of bread crumbs. Other then that, it was fabulous.. I've made this twice. The first time I baked it at 350 and it didn't get crispy enough. The second time, I used less olive oil and bread crumbs and substituted garlic powder. I'll definitely make this again. It tastes great reheated, too.
The delicous of Zucchini And Potato Bake is a blend of ingredients : 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, salt to taste, 2 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into large pieces, paprika to taste, ground black pepper to taste, 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks, 1 clove garlic, sliced, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 portion of Zucchini And Potato Bake contain nutrients 108 mg, 5.1 g, 9.8 g, 35 g, 0 mg, 243 calories
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a medium baking pan, toss together the zucchini, potatoes, red bell pepper, garlic, bread crumbs, and olive oil. Season with paprika, salt, and pepper.
3. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and lightly brown.
These are a nice change from regular pancakes. They make a great dinner meal when served with bratwurst sausage. I spread mine with cranberry sauce and top with maple syrup.. My mother had made potato pancakes like these when I was little. I made them for my fiance and he said they were the best he had ever tasted better than any restaurant and even better than his grandmothers! Wow, what a compliment. The only alteration I made was I doubled the flour and the salt. Excellent recipe!. I used my blender to grate the potatoes in 1/2 c. of milk. This will keep the potatoes from turning dark or black. Then add extra flour to thicken. Mine turned out just fine.
The delicous of German Potato Pancakes is a blend of ingredients : 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/2 cup finely chopped onion, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, 2 eggs, 6 medium potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 portion of German Potato Pancakes contain nutrients 246 mg, 62 mg, 283 calories , 11 g, 40.7 g, 6.8 g
1. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper. Mix in potatoes and onion.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. In batches, drop heaping tablespoonfuls of the potato mixture into the skillet. Press to flatten. Cook about 3 minutes on each side, until browned and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
The healthiest way to make fries is to bake them. It saves money and you can't beat the taste. I have been playing around with different ways to bake fries for some time now, and I feel this is the best recipe thus far. Baking time may vary depending on how thick you cut the fries. Enjoy!. We had these tonight and really liked them. They are good! I used russet potatoes because that's all I had on hand. I agree with the submitter that the sugar is necessary in this recipe and the taste of sugar is not detectable. I used freshly ground pepper and kosher salt to season along with a healthy dose of garlic powder. They crisp up very well (due to the addition of sugar). They are best served straight out of the oven when they are most hot and crisp. Thank you mmyers168 for a tasty recipe.. I LOVE THESE! You must realize that no baked fry will ever be a fried fry, so don't expect that. These are exceptional compared to other baked fries I've tried from this site and this is now my go to recipe for fries. The little bit of sugar is a must so don't skip it! I follow this recipe exact every time, (and even skip the letting it marinade step when in a time crunch), and they are always all gone at dinner time. Start early though, because this is not FAST FOOD... Between seasoning, chopping, and baking, they do take quite awhile to make.
The delicous of Best Baked French Fries is a blend of ingredients : 1 tablespoon white sugar, cooking spray, 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste, 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into thick fries, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or more to taste, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
1 portion of Best Baked French Fries contain nutrients 14.4 g, 6.6 g, 59.8 g, 601 mg, 0 mg, 388 calories
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray with cooking spray.
2. Place sliced potatoes in a colander; sprinkle sugar over potatoes. Set aside until liquid is released from potatoes, 20 to 30 minutes. Drain liquid and dry potatoes well.
3. Mix potato slices, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper in a resealable bag until evenly coated. Spread coated potato slices in a single layer, leaving space around each potato, on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes; flip fries and continue baking until crisp and browned, about 20 more minutes.
My family's favorite summer meal!. Really delicious. Don't be shy about adding a little more flavor, some more garlic.. add some freshly ground black pepper too. It certainly doesn't need a pound of pasta. I used 1/2 box and it was more than enough. For a healthier option, use whole wheat fettuccine or spaghetti. It adds flavor to the meal. I used sea scallops instead of bay scallops (what the store had, and my personal preference) and they were great. I just chopped them up into smaller, bite-sized pieces. My mom and sister loved it so much, they kept my copy of the recipe and make it all the time.. I added the scallops at the last minute so I wouldn't overcook them. I found this recipe is better prepared ahead of time and reheated in the microwave. The flavors were more intense. This is a quick, easy and delicious meal and I will definitely make it again. My husband raved over it!
The delicous of Pasta With Scallops, Zucchini, And Tomatoes is a blend of ingredients : 3 cloves garlic, minced, 1 pound bay scallops, 4 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped, 1 cup chopped fresh basil, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, 1 pound dry fettuccine pasta, 2 zucchinis, diced, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 portion of Pasta With Scallops, Zucchini, And Tomatoes contain nutrients 266 mg, 335 calories , 18.7 g, 46.1 g, 9.1 g, 20 mg
1. In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat oil, add garlic and cook until tender. Add the zucchini, salt, red pepper flakes, dried basil (if using) and saute for 10 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes, bay scallops, and fresh basil (if using) and simmer for 5 minutes, or until scallops are opaque.
3. Pour sauce over cooked pasta and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
A step-by-step recipe for making a baked potato. Serve with your choice of toppings. Try sour cream and chives, cheese, and olives.. Recipe is great if you have a lot of time to spare. My mother taught me to make potatoes fast and they come out just the same. 1.Poke a bunch of holes on each potatoe with a fork (to make sure they dont explode) 2. Put in microwave for 10 minutes (3-8 potatoes) (7 minutes for 1-2 potatoes) 3. With an oven mit take the potatoes out of the microwave and wrap in tinfoil individually and place in a preheated oven at 375. 4. Bake 20 minutes or until soft and squishey. (You can check the potatoes with an oven mit on to see if they are cooked and squishey enough to eat. 5. Garnish with what ever you like!. Blah, tasted nothing like a potato, maybe I used the wrong fork? Next time I will use a dessert fork. :oP
The delicous of Baked Potato is a blend of ingredients : 1 baking potato
1 portion of Baked Potato contain nutrients 29.7 g, 128 calories , 0.1 g, 2.7 g, 0 mg, 7 mg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Scrub the potato and prick it with a fork to prevent steam from building up and causing the potato to explode in your oven.
3. Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
Turkey pot pie like you have never tasted before. It won't last long.. Great recipe! I made it pretty much exactly as written, except that I didn't have a frozen pea/carrot mix, so I used 1 cup of fresh diced carrots and 1 cup of frozen peas. I also used only a top crust on the pie a double crust would have been way to rich for me and my family! The filling was awesome, very rich, buttery, creamy, and filling, with just the right amount of veggies and turkey. It was so nice and thick as well...a lot of pot pie recipes out there are to thin for my taste! My family really enjoyed this, and I'd make it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!. This is without a doubt the best pot pie recipe I have tried,,, I have made it several times with chicken and I also added sliced mushrooms with the butter and oinions,, and used homemade chicken broth,, it was just a really good meal, and will make it again and again, several of my friends had requested one of my pies and it keeps and reheats well,, thank you for sharing
The delicous of Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie is a blend of ingredients : 1 1/3 cups milk, 1 3/4 cups chicken broth, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, 4 (9 inch) unbaked pie crusts, 1 cup sliced celery, 4 cups cubed cooked turkey meat - light and dark meat mixed, 2/3 cup butter, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 2 cups frozen green beans, 2/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 teaspoon celery seed, 2 cups frozen peas and carrots, 2/3 cup chopped onion
1 portion of Dad's Leftover Turkey Pot Pie contain nutrients 651 mg, 20.4 g, 39.5 g, 33.2 g, 65 mg, 539 calories
1. Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Watch Now
2. Place the peas and carrots, green beans, and celery into a saucepan; cover with water, bring to a boil, and simmer over medium-low heat until the celery is tender, about 8 minutes. Drain the vegetables in a colander set in the sink, and set aside. Watch Now
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook the onion until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in 2/3 cup of flour, salt, black pepper, celery seed, onion powder, and Italian seasoning; slowly whisk in the chicken broth and milk until the mixture comes to a simmer and thickens. Remove from heat; stir the cooked vegetables and turkey meat into the filling until well combined. Watch Now
4. Fit 2 pie crusts into the bottom of 2 9-inch pie dishes. Spoon half the filling into each pie crust, then top each pie with another crust. Pinch and roll the top and bottom crusts together at the edge of each pie to seal, and cut several small slits into the top of the pies with a sharp knife to release steam. Watch Now
5. Bake in the preheated oven until the crusts are golden brown and the filling is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. If the crusts are browning too quickly, cover the pies with aluminum foil after about 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. Watch Now
This roasted potato side dish, made with less olive oil and more fresh herbs than the original recipe, is a healthy hit with everyone.. This is very similar to a recipe that I use, with the addition of basil. I know it will be delish! And don't take my word for it, my picky son just loved these potatoes!. I made this as a dinner side dish with white potatoes that were on hand and it was great! I also made them and then mixed them in scrambled eggs for a fantastic breakfast. My family didn't even put ketchup on the eggs and potatoes. They kept begging me to make them again.
The delicous of Healthier Oven Roasted Potatoes is a blend of ingredients : 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 portion of Healthier Oven Roasted Potatoes contain nutrients 65.5 g, 3.8 g, 314 mg, 319 calories , 0 mg, 7.7 g
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
2. Combine oil, garlic, basil, rosemary, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt in a large bowl. Toss in potatoes until evenly coated. Place potatoes in a single layer on a roasting pan or baking sheet.
3. Roast in preheated oven, turning occasionally, until potatoes are brown on all sides, 20 to 30 minutes.
This is as good as any restaurant's version! Serve with rice and a nice salad.. This is definitely restaurant quality! I did make a few changes so I could use what I had on hand -- I left out the chile pepper and used 2 lbs. of shrimp, 5 orange roughy filets and 2 6 1/2 oz. cans of chopped clams and it was wonderful. This is a very full-bodied and flavorful cioppino.. This was a huge hit at our Italian Christmas Eve dinner. As my daughter-in-law put it, it's "dynamite". My family would give it a rating of 7, that's how much they loved it. I added 3/4 teaspoon of dry crushed hot pepper instead of the red chile pepper, gave it just enough zing.
The delicous of Seafood Cioppino is a blend of ingredients : salt and pepper to taste, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 cup white wine, 4 cloves garlic, minced, 1 pound cod fillets, cubed, 1/2 cup water, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, 1 (10 ounce) can minced clams, drained with juice reserved, 10 ounces scallops, 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 pinch paprika, 25 mussels, cleaned and debearded, 25 shrimp, 1 fresh red chile pepper, seeded and chopped, 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1 green bell pepper, chopped, 2 teaspoons dried basil, 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, 1 onion, chopped
1 portion of Seafood Cioppino contain nutrients 303 calories , 16.5 g, 9.1 g, 564 mg, 34.3 g, 98 mg
1. In a large pot over medium heat, heat the olive oil, and saute the onion, garlic, bell pepper, and chile pepper until tender. Add parsley, salt and pepper, basil, oregano, thyme, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, paprika, cayenne pepper, and juice from the clams. Stir well, reduce heat, and simmer 1 to 2 hours, adding wine a little at a time.
2. About 10 minutes before serving, add clams, mussels, prawns, scallops, and cod. Turn the heat up slightly and stir. When the seafood is cooked through (the mussels will have opened, the prawns turned pink, and the cod will be flaky) serve your delicious cioppino.
This is a traditional potato pancake recipe, and is a wonderful comfort food. Serve with applesauce and sour cream for a light dinner, or with roast chicken for a hearty winter meal. You can use more flour if the mixture seems too wet.. I love this recipe!! I just sauté the onions in olive oil before adding them to the potatoes, then I lay out the potatoes in a baking dish and bake in the oven (325° for about 45 min.) Just GREAT!!!. Oh so good! A true German potato pancake is "grated" as the recipe states, not shredded. Shredding produces something that's more like a hash brown. Make sure to not only drain the liquid, but to actually squeeze out the water in a kitchen towel. Time consuming, yes, but well worth the effort.
The delicous of Potato Pancakes I is a blend of ingredients : 1 egg, beaten, 4 large potatoes, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 2 cups vegetable oil for frying, ground black pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 yellow onion
1 portion of Potato Pancakes I contain nutrients 8.4 g, 46.7 g, 415 mg, 31 mg, 6.5 g, 283 calories
1. Finely grate potatoes with onion into a large bowl. Drain off any excess liquid.
2. Mix in egg, salt, and black pepper. Add enough flour to make mixture thick, about 2 to 4 tablespoons all together.
3. Turn oven to low, about 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
4. Heat 1/4 inch oil in the bottom of a heavy skillet over medium high heat. Drop two or three 1/4 cup mounds into hot oil, and flatten to make 1/2 inch thick pancakes. Fry, turning once, until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel lined plates to drain, and keep warm in low oven until serving time. Repeat until all potato mixture is used.
New potatoes coated in a rosemary and garlic marinade then skewered and grilled.. I loved the cooking method - but because I scaled this down to two servings these only required five minutes in the microwave. So much easier than cooking on the stove. I skewered these with red, yellow and green peppers, marinating all. Unfortunately, while the cooking method was fantastic and this really was good, the whole marinade thing is kind of a waste of time. Even though I added extra seasonings and fresh rosemary, one wouldn't even know there was anything but plain potatoes. As for the mayonnnaise, it didn't add anything to the flavor and only created an unbecoming "deposit." I'll make these again, for method, but will probably only rub the potatoes with a little olive oil, garlic powder and salt and pepper. . These were very good! I was a little nervous to put these on the grill with all that thick mayo sauce on it. We do charcoal grilling so we put in the middle ubove the fire for about 8 minutes then moved to the sides as we grilled our chicken... "chili suace chickine" from this site....what a great meal! I HAVE MADE THIS A HANDFUL OF TIMES NOW AND THEY ARE SO GOOD EVERYTIME. WE GRILL THESE WITH CHICKEN AND IT GIVES THE POTATOES A BIT OF THE CHICKEN FLAVOR. I ALSO USE THE REALLY SMALL RED POTATOES AND DON'T CUT THEM. SO CRISP AND FLAVORFUL ON THE OUTSIDE AND CREAMY ON TH INSIDE.
The delicous of Skewered Grilled Potatoes is a blend of ingredients : 1/2 cup water, wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes, 1/2 cup light mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 pounds red potatoes, quartered, 2 teaspoons crushed dried rosemary, 1/4 cup dry white wine
1 portion of Skewered Grilled Potatoes contain nutrients 109 mg, 5 mg, 5.2 g, 137 calories , 19.9 g, 2.4 g
1. Place potatoes and water in a microwave safe bowl. Cook potatoes in microwave on high until just tender, about 15 minutes, stirring half-way through. Drain potatoes and allow to steam for a few minutes to dry.
2. In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, wine, rosemary, and garlic powder. Mix in drained potatoes and toss to coat. Marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
4. Remove potatoes from marinade, and skewer. Grill, covered, for 6 to 8 minutes, brushing occasionally with marinade, turning half-way through. Remove potatoes from skewers and serve hot.