Hands down, Southern food is the most comforting (and in our opinion, best) cuisine in the world. We love our signature comfort foods more than we can explain to any non-Southerners; but if you’re from down here, you just know. We aren’t afraid to use butter, cream, or mayo to bring a meal together in a heartbeat, and autumn is the perfect time to make some of our favorite comfort foods for the whole family. From casserole bakes to slow-cooked suppers, these comforting fall dinner recipes are sure to leave your crowd full, happy, and feeling cozy throughout the season.
'Cordon Bleu' is a French term, literally translated as 'blue ribbon', that originally referred to an award for culinary excellence given to women cooks! The term can now apply to any superior cook (yes, men too), and also to this dish (chicken, ham and Swiss cheese slices, breaded and sauteed). This yummy version adds paprika and a creamy white wine sauce worthy of its own blue ribbon. Two blue ribbon tastes in wedded bliss -- Chicken Cordon Bleu II!. This chicken is awesome. I exspecially like the white wine sauce. I've tried it with many different wines, and i liked it best with Sauvignon Blanc. Serving it over rice and asparagus makes for a deliciously unified and well-rounded meal. I just tripled the wine and boullion after i took the chicken out and let it cook off a little, then added triple the whipping cream and triple the cornstarch, plus a little paprika for color. Some people point out that the swiss melts out of the chicken, which can be solved by wrapping the swiss in a few thinnly-sliced pieces of ham. This is one of my favorite meals, and it's amazingly easy!. Tastes like the fancy restaurant version. This is wonderful, Behr! The only thing I changed was to substitute 3T garlic flavored olive oil for the butter. Used cooking string rather than toothpicks. Doubled the sauce so we could have some with our steamed aparagus. This wine sauce is out of this world! Next time I'll try rolling the chicken in Panko crumbs.Thanks for sharing.
The delicous of Chicken Cordon Bleu II is a blend of ingredients : 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, 6 slices Swiss cheese, 6 slices ham, 1 cup heavy whipping cream, ½ cup dry white wine, 6 tablespoons butter, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules, 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 portion of Chicken Cordon Bleu II contain nutrients 7.7 g, 0.3 g, 655.3 mg, 0.7 g, 41.6 g, 23.8 g, , 195.3 mg, , 40.9 g, NutritionInformation, , 584.3 calories
1. Pound chicken breasts if they are too thick. Place a cheese and ham slice on each breast within 1/2 inch of the edges. Fold the edges of the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Mix the flour and paprika in a small bowl, and coat the chicken pieces.
2. Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the chicken until browned on all sides. Add the wine and bouillon. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
3. Remove the toothpicks, and transfer the breasts to a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl, and whisk slowly into the skillet. Cook, stirring until thickened, and pour over the chicken. Serve warm.
This is an easy tasty meatloaf. It tastes as good as it smells!. This is very close to a recipe my mom made often, the only difference being she added some mustard(dry spice works nice) and worchestershire to the brown sugar/ketchup mixture. (We put it on top too.) That might add some zing for those that found this recipe a lil bit too sweet. I also add garlic to the meat as another reader did, as I'm a Garlic-holic myself. ). Delicious. I did make one alteration though. I don't like to make meatloaf in a loaf pan as i find the meat just sits in the grease. I formed my meat loaf, put it in a large casserole dish and put the glaze on the top. I was able to drain the grease 3 or 4 times during the cooking process. The glaze remained in tact and the meat came out moist and delicious.
The delicous of Brown Sugar Meatloaf is a blend of ingredients : 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 2 eggs, 1 small onion, chopped, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 3/4 cup finely crushed saltine cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 portion of Brown Sugar Meatloaf contain nutrients 24.1 g, 112 mg, 763 mg, 20.1 g, 18.4 g, 353 calories
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 5x9 inch loaf pan.
2. Press the brown sugar in the bottom of the prepared loaf pan and spread the ketchup over the sugar.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly all remaining ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place on top of the ketchup.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour or until juices are clear.
Flavorful recipe for this farm raised fish that is easy and done in minutes! The fish is broiled with a creamy cheese coating for an impressive flavor and texture.. Have made this on several occasions trying to find the right balance of cheese mixture to fish. The first time I made the recipe exactly as stated (as a courteous nod to the submitter) and it swam in butter so I rated this at three stars (wonderful but loaded with calories). The second time, I reduced the butter again to an 1/8 cup and it was still overpowered by the butter, so try, try again to one tablespoon of butter for the perfect mixture. Wonderful flavor!!!. We love this recipe and I keep finding new ways to modify it (I feel I have to, since I make it at LEAST once a week)This is how we like it: I use celery seed rather than celery salt and usually have parmesan-romano cheese blend on hand so I use that. I also add 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder and 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes. I don't add any lemon juice anymore (I used to just reduce it by half) but now use low-fat mayo that I find to be quite tangy. I also double the amount of pepper and add about 1/2 c. of bread crumbs to the cheese mixture, which creates a nice texture and keeps the topping in place. Seasoning the fish with a bit of Old Bay seasoning, as others have done, really adds to the flavor as well. Thank you for helping us eat fish on a regular basis, Phoebe!
The delicous of Broiled Tilapia Parmesan is a blend of ingredients : 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 pounds tilapia fillets, 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1/8 teaspoon celery salt, 1/8 teaspoon onion powder, 1/4 cup butter, softened, 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 portion of Broiled Tilapia Parmesan contain nutrients 63 mg, 12.8 g, 25.4 g, 220 mg, 0.8 gram, 224 calories
1. Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil. Watch Now
2. In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside. Watch Now
3. Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish. Watch Now
This is a very easy and no fail recipe for meatloaf. It won't take long to make at all, and it's quite good!. YUMMY!!! Made this dish for company the other night and WOW! It was a BIG hit! My 6 yr old had 2 huge pieces and my hubby even had leftovers for breakfast the next morning while we were all still sleeping! I used 2-1/4lbs. of ground beef, kept the 1 onion(1 of my guests is not a big onion fan), 2 eggs, 1-1/2 cups of both milk and SEASONED breadcrumbs, threw in some garlic powder and parsley flakes and doubled the ketchup mixture. Seasoned breadcrumbs are a must for this recipe Would be very bland without them. Thanks for the great recipe! :). This was a great recipe. I compiled and followed all of the advice of previous reviewers: -I lightly browned the onions in butter before adding. -I also added chopped green onions, mushrooms, and a green bell pepper. -I used italian seasoned breadcrumbs. -I tripled the sauce (many said that there was not enough sauce/topping) and -I baked for longer than the recipe states (I baked for a total of one hour and 25 minutes). It came out perfectly. Thanks for the great recipe, and reviewers thanks for the great hints/amendments!
The delicous of Easy Meatloaf is a blend of ingredients : 1 onion, chopped, salt and pepper to taste, 1 cup dried bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons prepared mustard, 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1/3 cup ketchup, 1 cup milk
1 portion of Easy Meatloaf contain nutrients 18.2 g, 372 calories , 24.7 g, 18.5 g, 335 mg, 98 mg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
This is a very easy recipe for a delicious pot roast. It makes its own gravy. It's designed especially for the working person who does not have time to cook all day, but it tastes like you did. You'll want the cut to be between 5 and 6 pounds.. I have made this recipe at least 15 times. What I have found that the best cut of meat to use is a tri-tip roast. There is no need to brown the meat but I do recommend triming off as much fat as possible. One problem I had was that there was always too much gravy left over. I have recently discovered that this recipe comes out just as spectacular using one can of soup and half a can of water. Do use the regular amount of onion soup mix. It should be cooked to perfection in about six hours. I also have a suggestion on the type of slowcooker used. I first tried making this recipe in a small Nesco but it was not able to keep the roast completely immersed in the soup mixture. I use a Rival. It is 7 inches wide and about 5 inches deep. This is the most typical slowcooker around. Finally a word on adding vegetables. I tried adding carrots and potatoes to this recipe and for some reason the gravy was not very flavorful. For this reason I just leave them out. Good luck!. BADA-BING! I have been making this recipe for quite some time now, with the exception of the cream of mushroom soup. The soup adds that OOMPH to the gravy that I have been looking for! I used beef broth instead of the water, & added 2 TBSP of corn starch to thicken it up before serving. In the last 3 hours cooking in the crock pot I added fresh carrots, green beans, potatoes & sliced onions. YUM! The family LOVES it & when my neighbors find out I'm making it, they always take dibs on the leftovers! Thanks Brenda!!
The delicous of Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast is a blend of ingredients : 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, 1 1/4 cups water, 5 1/2 pounds pot roast, 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 portion of Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast contain nutrients 639 mg, 45.6 g, 23.7 g, 4.9 g, 127 mg, 426 calories
1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture. Watch Now
2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours. Watch Now
This chicken and mushrooms recipe video is an experiment in extreme self-control; I wanted to challenge myself to make a chicken and mushrooms recipe using only chicken and mushrooms.. A great simple recipe. I made it with boneless skinless chicken breasts and added a chopped onion for a bit more flavor, but I'm sure it would be just as good as directed. Thanks!. Excellent! I’m on a special low acid diet and this fit the bill. I did not use boneless chicken breasts because I believe that the marrow in the bones add flavor. I used a cast iron skillet instead of a stainless steel skillet and it reduced the time of caramelizing the mushrooms in half. I’m a seasoned cook and I always want to add something like wine or whatever to pan jus. I watched Chef John’s video of this recipe and I think that I saw him sneak in some cayenne pepper in the video. Chef John always has cayenne pepper in his recipes and I’d bet that he adds it to his oatmeal in the morning. :) I served this with Sarah’s Rice Pilaf recipe that is posted on this site and with green beans as the 2nd side dish. It was a delicious meal.
The delicous of Chef John's Chicken And Mushrooms is a blend of ingredients : 2 chicken breast halves, boneless, skin-on, 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste, 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste, 1 pinch salt, 1 tablespoon butter, ½ cup water, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 portion of Chef John's Chicken And Mushrooms contain nutrients , 397.8 calories, 1.9 g, 90.8 mg, 30.6 g, , 1.1 g, 355.4 mg, , 3.7 g, 8.7 g, NutritionInformation, 28.1 g
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Season chicken on all sides with salt and ground black pepper.
3. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in an ovenproof skillet. Place chicken skin-side down in skillet and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
4. Turn chicken over; stir mushrooms with a pinch of salt into skillet. Increase heat to high; cook, stirring mushrooms occasionally, until mushrooms shrink slightly, about 5 minutes.
5. Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer chicken breasts to a plate and loosely tent with foil; set aside.
6. Set skillet on the stovetop over medium-high heat; cook and stir mushrooms until brown bits start to form on the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes. Pour water into the skillet, and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits off of the bottom of the pan. Cook until water is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
7. Stir in any accumulated juices from the chicken into the skillet. Stir butter into mushroom mixture, stirring constantly until butter is completely melted and incorporated.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mushroom sauce over chicken and serve.
This is the recipe my mother used for sloppy joes and it always gets compliments!. Absolutely delicious. This is the perfect recipe for sloppy joes in my opinion. People complain about the reviews being overrated because this isn't all jazzed-up into something special. Well what do you expect, it's only sloppy joes! I haven't had sloppy joes in years, and I am so glad I chose this recipe to finally have a taste of some. The only thing I would definitely change is the simmer time. Even on the lowest fire I had to cut it down to 20 min. instead of the original 30 because it started sticking to the pan. But it was finished by then any way and the flavors have already come out from the seasonings. This was AWESOME! A definite keeper. If you would like to simmer for the full 30 min, follow the advice of others and add just a bit of water and/or extra ketchup. This also adds more sloppiness. Yum!. Much better than Manwich and SO easy! The best thing is it's made with ingredients I always have in the house and it's not a hundred ingredients either so it's fast to make. I always make more sauce than it calls for, I think it's too dry otherwise. If I make it with 1 lb. of meat I double the sauce, 2 lbs. I triple it, 3 lbs. I quadruple it, etc. It's great in the crockpot too I make it in the morning when I have a minute and it sits in the crockpot on low all day. I've passed this recipe on to anyone who will take it.
The delicous of Sloppy Joes II is a blend of ingredients : 3/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper, 1 pound lean ground beef, ground black pepper to taste, 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard, 3 teaspoons brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, salt to taste
1 portion of Sloppy Joes II contain nutrients 9.4 g, 189 calories , 416 mg, 50 mg, 11.2 g, 15.1 g
1. In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
2. Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
This is the best and most delicious salmon recipe, and very easy to prepare. I love maple in everything and put this together one night. My husband totally loved it; he did not like salmon that much until he had this.. oh my!!! this has got to be one of the yummiest things i've cooked lately! i used organic DARK maple syrup.. natural soy sauce (tamrari) and made it in tin foil.. placed in a glass pie plate... opened during last 5 min or so and broiled it.. also drained off sauce.. reduced it in a small saucepan.. added a tiny bit of cornstarch, whisked it and poured over salmon on warmed dinner plates. Made carrots baked in the oven with a bit of butter and cinnamon and a cranberry wild/brown rice pilaf. :) i'd say this is one my fav meals in a long time.. thank you soooo much. i didnt use garlic salt.. i used 2 cloves of garlic and added a bit of ground sea salt... and freshly ground pepper. :):) sooo good.. will make for company for sure! :). I have made this once. My family REALLY liked it, especially me because it was easy. The only thing I did different was instead of using a shallow baking dish I placed the salmon on foil, poured on the sauce and wrapped it up so that there would be maximum sauce on salmon coverage. I let it sit for 30 minutes as recommended and baked for about 25 to 30 minutes. No leftovers to store, no clean up and great fish...5 stars. Good Luck!
The delicous of Maple Salmon is a blend of ingredients : 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1 pound salmon, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1/4 cup maple syrup
1 portion of Maple Salmon contain nutrients 633 mg, 67 mg, 265 calories , 14.1 g, 23.2 g, 12.4 g
1. In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic, garlic salt, and pepper.
2. Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish, and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish, and marinate salmon in the refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake salmon uncovered 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork.
Simple to make, just dip and bake! Garlicky goodness in a breaded chicken dish. Yum!. All I can say about this chicken is OH-MY-GAWD! It is so delicious and so easy! Don't make any changes to this recipe, it's perfect as it is. I followed the alfredo sauce recipe on this site and made fettucine alfredo to go with this chicken. My husband took one bite of the chicken and said "why do we ever eat out!?" You must try this recipe! It's a keeper! The absolute best thing is how easy it is to make such a tasty dish!. For those who prefer a stronger garlic flavour instead of olive oil substitute garlic oil or make your own by adding 2 Tbs chopped garlic to 1 cup olive or canola oil,let stand for 24 hrs in fridge and use within a week. Add GRANULATED garlic powder to the crumb mixture, use Romano cheese instead of Parmesan for a more distinct flavour.
The delicous of Garlic Chicken is a blend of ingredients : 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, ¼ cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs, 2 cloves garlic, crushed, ¼ cup olive oil, ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 portion of Garlic Chicken contain nutrients 0.3 g, , NutritionInformation, 30.3 g, 16.8 g, 5.7 g, 300.4 calories, , 261.2 mg, 72.8 mg, 0.3 g, 3.1 g,
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Heat olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan over low heat until warmed, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer garlic and oil to a shallow bowl.
3. Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a separate shallow bowl.
4. Dip chicken breasts in the olive oil-garlic mixture using tongs; transfer to bread crumb mixture and turn to evenly coat. Transfer coated chicken to a shallow baking dish.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink and juices run clear, 30 to 35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
A lady I worked with brought this in one day, and it was a hit. Now it is the favorite of all my dinner guests. It's great for a covered dish dinner too. I have made this also without the meat, and it is well received.. Rewrite of review - This was one of the first recipes I found on Allrecipes back in 2002. Just made it again last night for friends (including 2 kids..who including the adults..went for seconds) and family. This dish makes plenty of leftovers - pack them in tupperware and freeze for another night. Always a fantastic turnout with this dish!! Did make a few altercations though...as always: Didnt realize i picked up Penne pasta instead of Ziti at the store. I omitted the onions. Used hot italian turkey sausage (squeezed the meat out of the casings and cooked it like you'd cook ground beef). Seasoned the meat with pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Mrs Dash. Added 2 TBS of minced garlic to browning meat. Added 1 (drained) can of mushroom pieces with stems. Added 2 jars of pasta sauce and let simmer for 15 mins. Halved the amount of (reduced fat/light) sour cream and replaced it with (reduced fat/light) ricotta. And used the rest of the ingredients off the recipe. Layered PAM sprayed Pyrex baking dishes like so...Ziti, sauce, Provolone, Sour Cream, Ricotta, ziti, rest of sauce and Sargento's Italian 6 Shredded Cheese Blend - Mozzarella, Provolone, Asiago and Parmesan. Covered with foil and baked for 30 mins. :) Yummmmy **TIP** Unless you have a big family or are having company...i suggest if you are feeding up to 4 people to half the recipe. Thanks Colleen for a great recipe!. This was a really good recipe. I wasn't able to find any sliced provolone cheese so I substituted it w/ a shredded cheese w/ provolone in it. It still came out great, but it was difficult to spread the sour cream. That was easily corrected by placing the sour cream in a zip lock bag, snipping a corner, and then evenly spreading it over the ingredients. Everyone in my family loved it!
The delicous of Baked Ziti I is a blend of ingredients : 1 pound lean ground beef, 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced, 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, 1 onion, chopped, 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, 1 pound dry ziti pasta, 1 1/2 cups sour cream
1 portion of Baked Ziti I contain nutrients 914 mg, 58.4 g, 27.9 g, 25.3 g, 578 calories , 71 mg
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.
A great way to use leftover chicken. Even kids love these!. I made quite a few changes to the recipe with excellent results. First, I used a store- bought rotisserie chicken. I doubled the sauce and used 1 can of cream of chicken and 1 can of cream of poblano chile soup. I also added a squeeze of lime juice, fresh cilantro, fresh garlic, pinch of oregano and chili powder and some salsa at the end. Those additions really gave it a nice flavor. I also used corn tortillas. I served the dish with homemade avocado salsa, beans & rice.. I would say that this recipe, as published, is an excellent basic one and quite adaptable. It stands on its own and is really yummy though. My husband, however, didn't really care for the flour tortillas and the ultra creaminess. It just didn't "feel" like enchiladas to him. I loved it. I am now cooking for a large group of people (10...sometimes more) including my grandfather who is on a strict renal diet. After reading some of the reviews here, I decided to give this recipe another try...with modifications. I DOUBLED the recipe as written, EXCEPT for: using 1 can chopped jalapenos (4 oz.), 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper, and 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper in place of the green chilies; 4 cups of shredded chicken rather than 3; 2 dozen 6" corn tortillas rather than a dozen 12" flour ones; and a full cup of milk rather than 1/2 cup. I also ADDED to the sauce: 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1 tsp of chili powder, 1/2 tsp of cumin, and a can of cream of chicken soup (to help extend the sauce and add a little more chicken flavor). For color, I added a few more chopped red and green bell peppers on top of the cheese before baking. This made 12 servings, and was a major hit. It also fell within the sodium and potassium restrictions of my grandfather's diet. The added spices and the jalapeno added a more adult kick to them, and they "felt" more like enchiladas to everyone. This is a wonderful dish, good enchilada alternative for those who can't or won't eat tomatoes.
The delicous of Chicken Enchiladas II is a blend of ingredients : ½ cup chopped green onions, 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, 6 (12 inch) flour tortillas, 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided, ¼ cup milk, 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles, 1 ½ cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat, ½ cup sour cream, 1 tablespoon butter
1 portion of Chicken Enchiladas II contain nutrients , NutritionInformation, 619 calories, , 11.5 g, 4.4 g, 60.4 mg, 26.1 g, 66.8 g, 1459 mg, 4.1 g, 27.1 g,
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
3. Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
4. In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.
A simple soy sauce and brown sugar marinade, with hints of lemon and garlic, are the perfect salty-sweet complement to rich salmon fillets. Even my 9 year old loves this recipe!. Excellent recipe. Be sure to use plain Lemon Pepper and not Lemon Pepper Seasoning Salt (you will oversalt if you do). If grilling is rained out, this can be baked in a 450 degree oven for 12 minutes, and then broiled for 5 minutes. The soy sauce and brown sugar blend wonderfully with the salmon flavor.. My husband really liked this one. I used 1/3 c. lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. black pepper instead of the lemon pepper. I cut the soy sauce to 1/4 c. to lesson the salt flavor and used only 1 T. olive oil to cut calories. I also sprayed the grill plate with olive oil to keep the salmon from sticking. Turned out wonderfully.
The delicous of Grilled Salmon I is a blend of ingredients : 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, garlic powder to taste, 1/3 cup soy sauce, salt to taste, lemon pepper to taste, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup brown sugar
1 portion of Grilled Salmon I contain nutrients 56 mg, 1092 mg, 13.2 g, 318 calories , 20.5 g, 20.1 g
1. Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
2. In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat grill for medium heat.
4. Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.