An authentic Louisiana recipe with a rich and spicy fresh tomato based roux with fresh garlic, bell peppers, celery and onions mixed with crawfish and shrimp. A little time consuming but well worth it!! Serve over steamed rice with hushpuppies and/or crackers on the side.. A simply beautiful dish. Fun to prepare, beautiful presentation, and delicious. I'm a little concerned by some comments calling the preparation intimidating or a lot of work. It's not, but unfortunately this might dissuade others from trying it. I used butter rather than oil, all shrimp, clam juice for the fish stock, and no cayenne (hubby has sensitive innards). Even without the cayenne, it was still too hot for hubby, so he was unable to eat it. So just a warning--this is hot and spicy. If you're not sure about the level of heat, add less hot sauce to start--you can always add more, but can't take it away once it's in there! Oh--throw in a little chopped fresh parsley or green onion just before serving...the little punch of color really is pretty and brightens it up.. This recipe was very good. Very tasty!! It's very spicy. So, if you don't like your food too hot, you may want to cut back and use a little less cayenne pepper, black pepper, and hot sauce. Some recipes call for "corn starch." But I found the roux is much better - more flavorful. Roux can be tricky - take your time, don't set the heat/fire too high (you definitely don't want it to burn). Roux is worth the work. Also, I had never heard of "fish stock (soup)." But I found it at an Asian store named Seafood City. I found it in boullion cubes brand named "Knorr." Surprisingly they had fish flavor and shrimp flavor. I think the fish stock along with the roux really added to the flavor. I did not use the shrimp - I used all crawfish. Shrimp and crawfish each have there own flavor. I'll make the next batch with the shrimp. Try it. It's delicious. Thanks for a great recipe!!!
The delicous of Cajun Crawfish And Shrimp Etouffe is a blend of ingredients : 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped, 1 medium onion, chopped, 1/3 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional), 1 small green bell pepper, diced, 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined, 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce, 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1 cup fish stock, 1/3 cup vegetable oil, 2 stalks celery, diced, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 1 pound crawfish tails, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 portion of Cajun Crawfish And Shrimp Etouffe contain nutrients 196 mg, 956 mg, 9 g, 264 calories , 14 g, 24.9 g
1. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Gradually stir in flour, and stir constantly until the mixture turns 'peanut butter' brown or darker, at least 15 or 20 minutes. I use a large fork with the flat side to the bottom of the pan in a side to side motion. This is your base sauce or 'Roux'. It is very important to stir this constantly. If by chance the roux burns, discard and start over.
2. Once the roux is browned, add the onions, garlic, celery and bell pepper to the skillet, and saute for about 5 minutes to soften. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and fish stock, and season with the seafood seasoning. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Season the sauce with hot pepper sauce and cayenne pepper (if using), and add the crawfish and shrimp. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque.
This actually uses my breading for Chicken Fried Steak---my husband suggested we try it with chicken breasts, and it was delicious!. Ok I changed this one up a bit. Like other reviewers I upped the garlic powder. I upped the seasoned bread crumbs omitting the flour and popped this in the oven and baked it. I have low tolerance for frying foods and I love that I don't have to mind the oven during cooking. Also I used Italian bread crumbs added some shredded Parmesan cheese omitted the paprika but added Italian spices and had Italian tasting chicken another night. Thanks for the post:-). Two words... OVEN FRY! Why not try to make this healthier and cut out some of the fat/cholesterol but not loose the wonderful fried taste. I soaked the chicken breasts in buttermilk for 2 hours and then I floured them, egged them and used the breadcrumb mixture last. I sprayed Pam on the breasts and I oven fried my chicken at 400 for about 25 minutes ( I hade 2 chicken breasts that were pounded thin) I cut mine into small pieces AFTER they were cooked and added it to a large garden salad.
The delicous of Garlic Chicken Fried Chicken is a blend of ingredients : ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs, ½ cup milk, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon paprika, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, or to taste, 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded thin, 1 egg, 1 cup oil for frying, or as needed
1 portion of Garlic Chicken Fried Chicken contain nutrients 390.9 calories, , 935.1 mg, 116.2 mg, 2.1 g, 2.9 g, 11.4 g, , NutritionInformation, 2.5 g, , 37.3 g, 32.8 g
1. In a shallow dish, mix together the garlic powder, pepper, salt, paprika, bread crumbs and flour. In a separate dish, whisk together the milk and egg.
2. Heat the oil in an electric skillet set to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Dip the chicken into the egg and milk, then dredge in the dry ingredients until evenly coated.
3. Fry chicken in the hot oil for about 5 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and juices run clear. Remove from the oil with a slotted spatula, and serve.
This recipe was given to me by my aunt, who lives in Atlanta, Georgia. It tastes wonderful with your garden vegetables.. This is fantastic. I used half Fire-Roasted canned tomatoes and half fresh from the garden, and added mushrooms. Also used a 5-cheese blend instead of just mozzarella. I went to put the leftovers away and my family had demolished the whole casserole! Will definitely make again.. Very clever and delicious idea! I opened a can of pureed tomatoes instead of diced, so mine was more saucy than it should have been, but it worked. I used a smaller but deep casserole so I put a little sauce in the bottom, layer of ravioli, veggies and sauce, more ravioli and topped with the rest of the veggies and sauce, and cheese. While I love traditional ratatouille, I usually need to have something else with it as it's not too filling for me - the ravioli makes this a complete, and delicious, meal! Thanks for sharing!
The delicous of Ratatouille Bake is a blend of ingredients : 2 cups chopped zucchini, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, 1 onion, chopped, 2 cups peeled and diced eggplant, 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, 1 tablespoon dried parsley, 5 cloves garlic, minced, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon dried basil, 1 green bell pepper, chopped, 1 (8 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
1 portion of Ratatouille Bake contain nutrients 9.7 g, 24 mg, 7.6 g, 449 mg, 22 g, 188 calories
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C); spray a 2 1/2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir the garlic, onion, and eggplant with the garlic until the vegetables have begun to soften, about 8 minutes. Stir in the zucchini, bell pepper, tomatoes, basil, parsley, salt, and black pepper; bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Cook the frozen ravioli as directed on the package; drain. Spread the cooked ravioli in a layer into the bottom of the prepared baking dish; spoon the hot vegetables over the ravioli. Sprinkle with the cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling and the cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
Russet potatoes are blended with roasted garlic, butter and milk. This recipe is a standard.. These were SOOOOOO delicious. Everyone raved about the wonderful flavor. I used a small can of evaporated skim milk instead of regular milk to cut the fat but keep them creamy. I will definitely make these again and again!. These potatoes taste almost exactly like the ones my husband and I had on our honeymoon in Vegas...and let me tell you they cost a pretty penny. Absolutely wonderful. I will admit that if you are not a garlic lover, you may want to cut down on the amount...it is a bit strong, but it is just the way we like it. I also took another reviewer's advice and added some parmesan cheese to it...wonderful idea. Thanks for a great new side dish.
The delicous of Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes is a blend of ingredients : 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered, 1/2 cup milk, 1 medium head garlic, 4 tablespoons butter, softened, salt and pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 portion of Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes contain nutrients 172 calories , 294 mg, 7.9 g, 23.5 g, 2.8 g, 16 mg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Drizzle garlic with olive oil, then wrap in aluminum foil. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop. Stir in butter, milk, salt and pepper.
4. Remove the garlic from the oven, and cut in half. Squeeze the softened cloves into the potatoes. Blend potatoes with an electric mixer until desired consistency is achieved.
Spaghetti alla carbonara's creamy sauce is simply a thin egg and cheese custard, spiked with pork and black pepper. Try to find pancetta or guanciale (pork cheek cured like pancetta) for a really authentic taste!. I have never made this before and I think I made a big mistake by upping the servings to 8. There was waaay too much pasta to stir as instructed. Definately don't try to up the servings so much as I did! The people I made it for enjoyed it, but personally I wish I would have stuck with the actual recipe amt.. Spaghetti alla Carbonara is not difficult to make and requires just a few simple, but standard, required ingredients. It really does not vary much from one recipe to the next. This recipe is a fundamental, basic reference recipe. I find it a little easier to mix the (room temperature) egg and cheese in a bowl and then add the cooked pasta to that mixture (rather than the other way around). I stir in the cooked meat, be it guanciale, pancetta or bacon, at the end. Add a little of the pasta cooking water if the sauce seems a little dry – the dish should be creamy, but not swimming in sauce. I just returned from Italy, where I was lucky enough to enjoy this pasta dish with guanciale, which comes from the jowls of the pig. I admit it sounded unappealing when I first tried it years ago, but only because it was unfamiliar. It is the best and by comparison neither pancetta nor bacon measure up. Unfortunately, it is hard to find here in the states. In its absence I’ve used pancetta, as I did tonight, other times bacon, and I have to say that if I can’t have this with guanciale I prefer bacon over the pancetta. I found this recipe a little heavy on the cheese for my taste, so I backed off on it by about one-third. Nothing innovative about this recipe – but because this is a classic dish, it shouldn’t be.
The delicous of Chef John's Spaghetti Alla Carbonara is a blend of ingredients : 3 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste, 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 3 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste, 3 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 4 ounces guanciale, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, 6 ounces spaghetti, 1 cup reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 eggs
1 portion of Chef John's Spaghetti Alla Carbonara contain nutrients 66.1 g, 984 mg, 220 mg, 36.3 g, 688 calories , 30.3 g
1. Cook guanciale with olive oil and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper in a Dutch oven over medium-low heat until almost crisp, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
2. Whisk eggs, 3 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 3 tablespoons Pecorino Romano cheese, and 1 teaspoon ground black pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta water.
4. Pour reserved pasta water and drained spaghetti into the bacon-pepper mixture; stir to combine.
5. Slowly pour egg mixture into the pasta mixture; cook, stirring constantly until the egg mixture forms a thick sauce, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Stir remaining 3 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and 3 tablespoons Pecorino Romano cheese into the pasta mixture and serve.
This recipe was passed down to me from my great aunt, it is easy, authentic and delicious! The secret to making these gnocchi is to dry the ingredients as much as you can before using. Let the ricotta drain of excess water by placing it in a strainer over a bowl and leaving it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before using.. A huge hit with Mr P this evening, he definitely rates it as a keeper (he's now sitting groaning about how full he is, greedy gutbucket). Made exactly as per recipe - very easy and stunningly delicious results. Thank you for the recipe.. So good and easy! This was my second attempt at Gnocchi and far better than the first traditional recipe I tried. I used fresh garlic and added fresh basil and it was just fantstic. I skipped the sauce recipe and used my own recipe. My 18 month old could not get enough of them. Tomorrow I am going to make another batch and freeze them.
The delicous of Ricotta Gnocchi is a blend of ingredients : 1 teaspoon salt, 6 basil leaves, finely shredded, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 (15.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes (optional), Gnocchi:, Salt and pepper to taste, 2 eggs, 1 cup all-purpose flour, or as needed, 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese, 1 tablespoon minced garlic, Sauce:, 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small chunks, 3 tablespoons olive oil
1 portion of Ricotta Gnocchi contain nutrients 906 mg, 131 mg, 27.1 g, 26 g, 22.4 g, 442 calories
1. Stir together the ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan Cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a large bowl until evenly combined. Mix in 1 cup of flour. Add additional flour if needed to form a soft dough.
2. Divide the dough into 3 or 4 pieces, and roll into 1/2-inch-thick ropes on a floured surface. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces, and place on a lightly floured baking sheet. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in garlic, and cook until softened and fragrant, about 1 minute. Pour in diced tomatoes and red pepper flakes; bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in shredded basil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. While sauce is simmering, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Boil the gnocchi until they float to the surface, 1 to 2 minutes, then drain.
5. To assemble the dish, stir the cubed mozzarella cheese into the sauce and allow the heat of the sauce to soften, but not melt the cheese. Place gnocchi into a serving bowl, and spoon sauce overtop.
This is great as a party appetizer or a full meal. Tasty, full of flavor and good for you. The crunchy crust is what I really like! You can play with the veggie toppings and cheeses for a great meal that is fast and delicious! Our favorite quick meal!. I have been making variations on this for years. Great with plain pesto I use sundried tomatoes which are great, and often add artichokes and sweet red peppers too. It's so quick and easy and always a hit, both as a meal and as an appetizer. You can also make it with a tortilla base. It helps to bake the base a few minutes before putting on the toppings.. Very nice my family enjoyed. it was both fun and easy to make! if you put the pita in for 17 minutes it becomes crunchy
The delicous of Spinach And Feta Pita Bake is a blend of ingredients : 6 (6 inch) whole wheat pita breads, 1 bunch spinach, rinsed and chopped, 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped, 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced, 1 (6 ounce) tub sun-dried tomato pesto, ground black pepper to taste, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 portion of Spinach And Feta Pita Bake contain nutrients 41.6 g, 17.1 g, 13 mg, 350 calories , 587 mg, 11.6 g
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spread tomato pesto onto one side of each pita bread and place them pesto-side up on a baking sheet. Top pitas with tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, and Parmesan cheese; drizzle with olive oil and season with pepper.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until pita breads are crisp, about 12 minutes. Cut pitas into quarters.
This soup is so hearty and comforting, you'll almost forget how good it is for you. And it's perfect for cold weather with the spicy sausage, kale, potatoes, and plenty of chicken broth.. Four stars because I changed it. I use white (cannellini) beans instead of potatoes, and my own home-made chicken broth with no salt added. Tasted and added salt as needed at the end. Like some others, I use kielbasa or smoked sausage because I find chorizo is a tad too salty and greasy for my taste.. This soup turned out great! That being said, I made several changes. I recommend cooking the sausage with garlic as well as onion. I didn't mash the potatoes, and because the soup was so thick, I added some water to the broth to stretch it out. I added pepper and cayenne to taste. The sausage can be cooked while you wait for the potatoes to boil to save time.
The delicous of Caldo Verde (Portuguese Sausage Kale Soup) is a blend of ingredients : 1 onion, finely diced, 2 teaspoons salt, plus more as needed, 2 pounds kale - trimmed, chopped, rinsed, drained, 2 quarts chicken broth or water, 12 ounces linguica sausage, sliced, 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional), 1 tablespoon olive oil, 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, 1 pinch salt
1 portion of Caldo Verde (Portuguese Sausage Kale Soup) contain nutrients 565 calories , 2851 mg, 62.1 g, 25.6 g, 25.1 g, 56 mg
1. Slice sausage into 1/4-inch rounds. Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage and saute until sausage begins to turn brown and renders some fat, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a dish. Reduce heat to medium-low; add onions and pinch of salt salt. Stir and cook until softened, 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Transfer potatoes to pot. Sprinkle in 2 teaspoons salt. Pour in chicken broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until potatoes are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. When potatoes are tender, carefully mash them in the broth with a potato masher until broken up or completely mashed. Add kale, a handful at a time. Transfer browned sausage to soup. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until greens are tender, about 45 minutes.
This classic Italian-American comfort food works with any kind of sausage, but I like the fennel and anise flavors of sweet Italian sausage with the beans--it's a hearty soup that's fast and easy to put together.. I have not had pasta fazool for ages, because it usually makes so much. This is perfect for a retired couple. I also added some crushed rosemary and boiled some ditalini noodles separately, a salad and some Italian bread. The Swiss Chard. if you can find it in your store, is a nice change from spinach. Thank You again Chef John.. I wish I could give this 10 stars! Absolutely LOVE it! My changes were spinach in lieu of swiss chard, ditalini in lieu of elbow and added more broth (used 32 oz.).
The delicous of Pasta Fazool (Pasta E Fagioli) is a blend of ingredients : 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/4 cup tomato paste, 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini (white kidney) beans, drained, Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, 12 ounces sweet bulk Italian sausage, 3 cups chopped Swiss chard, 1 stalk celery, diced, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste, 3 cups chicken broth, or more as needed, divided, 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus additional for serving, or to taste, 1/2 yellow onion, chopped, 3/4 cup dry elbow macaroni
1 portion of Pasta Fazool (Pasta E Fagioli) contain nutrients 888 calories , 4200 mg, 43.8 g, 84 mg, 43.8 g, 77.3 g
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown sausage while breaking it into small pieces, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add diced celery and chopped onion. Cook until onions are translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add dry pasta. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
2. Stir in tomato paste until evenly distributed, 2 to 3 minutes. Add 3 cups broth. Raise heat to high and bring to a simmer. Add salt, black pepper, pepper flakes, and oregano. When soup comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and let it simmer about 5 minutes, stirring often. Check soup consistency and add more broth, if needed.
3. Place chopped chard in a bowl. Cover with cold water and rinse the leaves; any grit will fall to the bottom of the bowl. Transfer chard to colander to drain briefly; add to soup. Cook and stir until leaves wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Stir in white beans; continue cooking and stirring until pasta is perfectly cooked, another 4 or 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in grated cheese. Serve topped with grated cheese, if desired.
We're going to use this spicy and delicious New Orleans classic to demonstrate that it is possible to get good results from using waterlogged frozen shrimp, which unfortunately is sometimes the only option. To make them work we've got to use a few tricks. I prefer this with little chunks of browned chicken or pork, actually.. Perfect dish. Follow the instructions & you'll produce a meal to rival any restaurant. After making this 3 times for different 'audiences', or became clear it's worthy of a top-spot in my cooking repertoire. Plus it makes you look like a Kitchen Cook Superstar! Thanks a million Chef John!. Delicious! Easy to make, spicy! :) served it over chef john's classic pilaf rice :) thanks!
The delicous of Chef John's Shrimp Etouffee is a blend of ingredients : 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper, 1 dash hot sauce, or more to taste, 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme, 1/4 cup sliced green onions, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or as needed, salt to taste, 1/3 cup thinly sliced celery, 3/4 teaspoon paprika, 3 tablespoons butter, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, 1/3 cup diced onion, 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, 1/2 cup diced tomatoes, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 3/4 cups chicken stock, or as needed, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, Spice Blend:, 2 cups cooked rice, or to taste, 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined, 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 portion of Chef John's Shrimp Etouffee contain nutrients 14.7 g, 369 mg, 40.8 g, 1114 mg, 424 calories , 30.2 g
1. Whisk paprika, thyme, oregano, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, white pepper, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
2. Drain shrimp in a colander for at least 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl lined with paper towels and dry shrimp for about 3 minutes. Remove paper towels from bowl and season shrimp with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon spice blend. Toss to coat shrimp with spice blend.
3. Heat vegetable oil a large heavy skillet over high heat until oil is smoking hot. Cook shrimp in the hot oil without stirring for 1 minute; stir, and cook 1 minute more.
4. Transfer shrimp to a large bowl. Let stand until juice forms in bowl. Strain shrimp juices into chicken stock to total 2 cups, adding more chicken stock if necessary.
5. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat until butter begins to turn tan at the edges. Saute onion, celery, and green pepper in hot butter until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in remaining spice blend.
6. Sprinkle flour into vegetable mixture and saute until combined, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook until tomato juices begin to brown on bottom of pan, about 3 minutes. Whisk stock into vegetable mixture, stirring until smooth. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened and reduced to a gravy consistency, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce. Season with salt to taste.
7. Stir shrimp into etouffee sauce; let simmer until shrimp are cooked all the way through and no longer translucent, about 1 minute.
8. Garnish with green onions and a dusting of cayenne pepper. Pour over rice in large, shallow bowls.
The thickest, most wonderful Brunswick Stew you've ever had. Those of you who've never had Brunswick Stew will just die.... If you've had it before, you won't believe it. Old family recipe and the best stew around!!!. I too am in VA, where brunswick stew becomes a household staple during hunting season. Scratch the ground meats, use pulled pork, roast or steak. Add a pkg. of frozen lima beans. Also switch to niblet corn (1 can) 2 cans cream corn. A little old bay definitely helps as well. This is a lot less expensive and much better tasting than the $10 pint we get from the Ruritan Clubs. Freezes beautifully.. I made this stew when having a large group over to eat outdoors. Cooked this in my cast iron dutch oven using charcole under the oven and on top of the lid. Every drop of this stew was eaten and I used a 12" oven! I did use 2 cans cream style corn and one can of whole kernel corn. So very good with cornbread!.
The delicous of Get A Husband Brunswick Stew is a blend of ingredients : 1 cup ketchup, ½ cup hickory flavored barbeque sauce, 1 ½ pounds ground pork, 1 (3 pound) whole cooked chicken, deboned and shredded, 1 cup chopped onions, 3 (14.75 ounce) cans cream style corn, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 stalks celery, chopped, 1 green bell pepper, 3 (14.5 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes with liquid, chopped, 1 ½ pounds ground beef, salt and pepper to taste, hot sauce to taste (optional)
1 portion of Get A Husband Brunswick Stew contain nutrients 90 mg, 28.5 g, 18.8 g, , 6.2 g, , 380 calories, NutritionInformation, 836 mg, 11 g, 2.1 g, , 25.3 g
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet, and saute the onions and celery until soft. Mix in the pork and beef, and cook until evenly browned. Do not drain.
2. Transfer the pork and beef mixture to a large stock pot over low heat. Stir in the shredded chicken, tomatoes and their liquid, ketchup, and barbeque sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Place the whole green pepper into the mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 hours, or until thickened.
3. Stir the cream style corn into the stew mixture. Continue cooking 1 hour, or to desired consistency. Remove the green pepper; chop and return to the stew or discard.
No two spaghetti aglio e olio recipes are alike, but this one is pretty true to the classic method. The key is slowly toasting the garlic slices to a perfect golden-brown in the olive oil. If it's too light, you don't get the full flavor and if it's too dark it gets bitter. My advice? Do it perfectly.. I made this after seeing it cooked on an Italian cooking show the other day. I have to be honest, this is way too oily for me. I think the servings on this recipe are incorrect also. As a lb of pasta is going to feed a minimum of 6 people. Even the bag said serves 8. At least I stretched groceries until the end of the week. Think, I will just stick to pasta with a little butter, similar to what I had growing up. It's basically the same concept. ty. Finished the whole thing!!! So good! Doubled the red pepper. Forgot the parsley, but it was still great. Too much olive oil, will cut in half next time.
The delicous of Spaghetti Aglio E Olio is a blend of ingredients : salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste, 1 pound uncooked spaghetti, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced, 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 portion of Spaghetti Aglio E Olio contain nutrients 755 calories , 355 mg, 34.5 g, 18 mg, 22.9 g, 87.4 g
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain and transfer to a pasta bowl.
2. Combine garlic and olive oil in a cold skillet. Cook over medium heat to slowly toast garlic, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low when olive oil begins to bubble. Cook and stir until garlic is golden brown, about another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Stir red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt into the pasta. Pour in olive oil and garlic, and sprinkle on Italian parsley and half of the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese; stir until combined.
4. Serve pasta topped with the remaining Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
An old boyfriend's mother used to cook this for me whenever I ate over. Cheese tortellini are served in a creamy tomato and spinach sauce. I love it!. I thought this was very good. I did not use heavy cream, I used FF milk and used a bit of cornstarch to it so the sauce would thicken slightly. I also used fresh basil. I think that gives the dish a nice bright taste. I will make this again.. This was delicious!! I followed the recipe almost exactly- the only difference was I used italian diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano because I didnt have the one specified. Also I used 5 cloves of fresh garlic and minced it up. I think it could have used even more than that. Otherwise I followed everything and it turned out wonderful, My hubby loved it and my 1 year old ate a good amount of it too! It was a good way to sneak a veggie into him. I recommend this to everyone to try and will definatly make this again and again. Thanks for the recipe.
The delicous of Spinach Tomato Tortellini is a blend of ingredients : 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, 1 (16 ounce) package cheese tortellini, 3/4 cup milk, 1 cup chopped fresh spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 3/4 cup heavy cream
1 portion of Spinach Tomato Tortellini contain nutrients 885 mg, 43.9 g, 19.7 g, 79 mg, 400 calories , 14.8 g
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the tortellini, and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. While you get the tortellini going, combine the tomatoes, spinach, salt, pepper, basil and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, milk and cream. Stir this mixture into the saucepan along with the Parmesan cheese. Heat through, then reduce heat to low, and simmer until thick, about 2 minutes.
4. Drain the tortellini, but do not rinse, then pour them into the saucepan with the sauce. Stir to coat, and serve.
I've been using this recipe for over 20 years, ever since I moved to South Carolina. It can be adjusted to serve any number. Allow 2 tablespoons of seasoning per quart of water. If you cannot find hot smoked sausage, use another smoked sausage such as kielbasa and add crushed hot red pepper to the pot.. Shirley, Thanks for letting the rest of the world in on our little secret! I'm a native South Carolinian and have been makung this for special friends and special occasions for 30 years. I prefer to add two large onions and two bottles of beer at the beginning and have been known to throw in a few blue crabs. This is best served outdoors, along with plenty of napkins and adult beverages!. Nice! I cut this recipe as follows to serve four: 3 quarts of water just under ¼ cup Old Bay 1+ lb potatoes 1 lb andouille-style chicken sausage 4 ears of fresh corn 1 lb jumbo shrimp. I cooked the corn in advance, in another pot. At the end, I turned off the heat, added the (already cooked/frozen) shrimp and just let it heat through for the last 5 minutes. I had no idea what to expect with so few ingredients – the results were amazing. I had my parents over for dinner & we all LOVED IT. In a nod to tradition, I used newspaper as a tablecloth (but we ate out of bowls and I ate with my fingers). A fun evening!
The delicous of Frogmore Stew is a blend of ingredients : 4 pounds large fresh shrimp, unpeeled, 12 ears corn - husked, cleaned and quartered, 6 quarts water, 3/4 cup Old Bay Seasoning TM, 2 pounds new red potatoes, 2 pounds hot smoked sausage links, cut into 2 inch pieces
1 portion of Frogmore Stew contain nutrients 2733 mg, 299 mg, 15.5 g, 39.1 g, 499 calories , 52.6 g
1. Bring water and Old Bay Seasoning to boil in a large stockpot.
2. Add potatoes and cook for 15 minutes. Add sausage and cook for 5 minutes more. Add corn and cook for another 5 minutes. Stir in the shrimp and cook until shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes. Drain immediately and serve.